New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Just to confirm the ground clearance of both CUVs (from the PH model web sites):

CRV 2.0 AT: 185mm
    Forester 2.0X AT: 215mm

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Thanks SuperCar for a very informative piece. I'm deciding which to buy between the two. I'm sold on the features and performance of the Forester over the CRV. However, I have some concern over cost of maintaining the Forester over the CRV. Since CRV is a Honda, there are lots and lots of service centers, as well as spare parts suppliers here. The Forester only has Motor Image as a service center and part suppliers (although ive read in the Subaru Car Talks area that there are other venues to get spare parts). I want to know if the Forester is comparatively as economical and easy to maintain as a well established car as CRV or RAV4. Are spare parts easy to come by? Personally, I'm in love with the Forester, but I have to prove that it's also a practical buy to my wife.

Hope someone can answer my questions.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    10k PMS of a Subaru Impreza = P6,328. I would think the Forester 2.0X would be the same because they have the same engine.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bolJack View Post
    Thanks SuperCar for a very informative piece. I'm deciding which to buy between the two. I'm sold on the features and performance of the Forester over the CRV. However, I have some concern over cost of maintaining the Forester over the CRV. Since CRV is a Honda, there are lots and lots of service centers, as well as spare parts suppliers here. The Forester only has Motor Image as a service center and part suppliers (although ive read in the Subaru Car Talks area that there are other venues to get spare parts). I want to know if the Forester is comparatively as economical and easy to maintain as a well established car as CRV or RAV4. Are spare parts easy to come by? Personally, I'm in love with the Forester, but I have to prove that it's also a practical buy to my wife.

Hope someone can answer my questions.

basta rule of thumb, if a car is somewhat rare, sigurado open for price bloating yan.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    10k PMS of a Subaru Impreza = P6,328. I would think the Forester 2.0X would be the same because they have the same engine.
    When I went to MI, they said that the 1k checkup should cost around P4600 since its just an oil change. But I heard from someone that it cost him P11k for his 1k checkup for the Fozzie. Ewan ko nga ba kung bakit ganun kamahal binayad niya but I'm trying to ask him again for more details.

Regarding naman sa spare parts, is it easy to come by? Meron din nagsabi sa akin kasi na 1 month daw siya nag-intay for the parts he needed.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bolJack View Post
    When I went to MI, they said that the 1k checkup should cost around P4600 since its just an oil change. But I heard from someone that it cost him P11k for his 1k checkup for the Fozzie. Ewan ko nga ba kung bakit ganun kamahal binayad niya but I'm trying to ask him again for more details.

Regarding naman sa spare parts, is it easy to come by? Meron din nagsabi sa akin kasi na 1 month daw siya nag-intay for the parts he needed.

My 1K checkup was even less kasi may discount pag member ka ng subaru club (shameless plug pero totoo).

That 11k might've meant kilometers dahil walang PMS na lalapit man lang doon, with the possible exception of the timing belt one.

There were a lot of nightmare stories with older subbies but I think these were while subby was under GM rather than MI.

Lowdown, it has slightly higher maintenance cost than Honda pero the service is as good as the best Honda dealer, if not better.

These refer, of course, only to small parts issues dahil unlike Honda, walang 'replacement' parts ang subaru. They only have OEM and aftermarket. So kung mabangga ka or masiraan ng tranny or something like that, mas mahal talaga ang Subaru.

Sa parts AVAILABILITY naman, forester is their best-selling brand so I doubt you'd encounter these -- again, except possibly for major parts that aren't commonly broken.

Pero matibay siya ... just not as maintenance-free as Honda methinks. Pero sa driving dynamics/ride comfort, panalo ang subaru by far. They don't even recommend "double rustproofing" -- ganun ka kumpiyansa sila sa tibay ng major parts nila.

In the end, if cost is the bigger issue talaga, just like Shoemart, choose Honda (or Toyota for that matter). Kung di ka masyadong takot sa gastos, subaru (Hey, it's STILL cheaper than euro cars and just as theft resistant).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    basta rule of thumb, if a car is somewhat rare, sigurado open for price bloating yan.
    not to offend, but that is quite stereotypical. Then again, so is the conception that Subarus aren't good because they aren't popular.

We have two Subarus. There is a VERY reasonable amount of labor charge. no dagdag bawas. They charge fairly considering that the parts they supply are original. Aftersales is, dare i say, just as good as Honda, if not better, even if they have, oh, about a hundred less dealerships. Quantity vs. Quality.

The only time we had to wait was when they had to change all 4 bearings of our Forester.

i dunno man, but money aside, i'd still go Forester. CR-V's a great car, but in my opinion, Forester's still better.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hajabah View Post
    not to offend, but that is quite stereotypical. Then again, so is the conception that Subarus aren't good because they aren't popular.

We have two Subarus. There is a VERY reasonable amount of labor charge. no dagdag bawas. They charge fairly considering that the parts they supply are original. Aftersales is, dare i say, just as good as Honda, if not better, even if they have, oh, about a hundred less dealerships. Quantity vs. Quality.

The only time we had to wait was when they had to change all 4 bearings of our Forester.

i dunno man, but money aside, i'd still go Forester. CR-V's a great car, but in my opinion, Forester's still better.

Dalawa na suby mo Hajabah? Di ba kakalabas mo lang ng unit mo late last year? Pangalawa na ba yun o dalawa nilabas mo?

Personally, I don't even want to try convincing those who are too afraid of new things. Subbies aren't for everyone after all -- kaya nga mas madami pa ding maller ang SM kesa greenbelt eh.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Dalawa na suby mo Hajabah? Di ba kakalabas mo lang ng unit mo late last year? Pangalawa na ba yun o dalawa nilabas mo?

Personally, I don't even want to try convincing those who are too afraid of new things. Subbies aren't for everyone after all -- kaya nga mas madami pa ding maller ang SM kesa greenbelt eh.
    di. yung Forester yung galing pa sa dreaded GM. dati pa yun. Yung Legacy lang yung galing sa MIPilipinas.

and sa bagay, you have a point. Subarus aren't for everyone....

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hajabah View Post
    di. yung Forester yung galing pa sa dreaded GM. dati pa yun. Yung Legacy lang yung galing sa MIPilipinas.

and sa bagay, you have a point. Subarus aren't for everyone....

Sobrang sama ba talaga nung GM pa? Anong experience mo bro? Kaya hindi ako kumuha ng subaru dati eh.

Baka gusto mo sumali sa subaru club ha. Bona fide members get discounts from quite a few places. The address is under Yuichi's name.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Honda CRV 2.0S VS Subaru Forester 2.0X