New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hajabah View Post
    ... and sa bagay, you have a point. Subarus aren't for everyone....

I don't have a Forester yet but I know it's for me. A Subaru is for me. Now, I have to convince the wifey that it's for her too

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    not to offend, but that is quite stereotypical. Then again, so is the conception that Subarus aren't good because they aren't popular.

We have two Subarus. There is a VERY reasonable amount of labor charge. no dagdag bawas. They charge fairly considering that the parts they supply are original. Aftersales is, dare i say, just as good as Honda, if not better, even if they have, oh, about a hundred less dealerships. Quantity vs. Quality.

The only time we had to wait was when they had to change all 4 bearings of our Forester.

i dunno man, but money aside, i'd still go Forester. CR-V's a great car, but in my opinion, Forester's still better.
    basta ako nadala na kami nun magkarun ng chevy venture. may tumutunog sa gulong, tinignan tapos 100K daw palit abs.

swerte nga yun Ford Explorer namin nakasakay lang sa dami ng Ford Escape dito kayo halos pareho lang ng PMS, same as crv.

ngaun, meron na naman kami pinoproblema car. Mazda 6. at least sa PMS ok lang, nakikisakay sa dami ng Mazda 3 pero yun ibang parts na exclusive to Mz6 dun ako kinakabahan. buti na lang wala pang 2T km yun Mz6 namin two years ago na.

pero nakikita ko naman na dumadami ang subaru forester sa roads natin ngaun, yun nga lang tiga-rito lang ako sa Ortigas area kung san malapit yun nag-iisang casa nila. if Subaru branches out with the other 4 major cities in the metro, that's the time siguro mga 3rd party original parts importer will take notice.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Sobrang sama ba talaga nung GM pa? Anong experience mo bro? Kaya hindi ako kumuha ng subaru dati eh.

Baka gusto mo sumali sa subaru club ha. Bona fide members get discounts from quite a few places. The address is under Yuichi's name.
    hindi naman sa sama, kaso customer service tska parts mahirap kasi dadalawa lang Subaru nun eh. Tapos iilan lang din bumubili, kaya parang 'uncool' ka dun.

mahirap i convince dad ko eh. kasi may shell-citi na siya kaya hindi na pwedeng pambato yung shell discount... saang discount ba yun sir?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bolJack View Post
    I don't have a Forester yet but I know it's for me. A Subaru is for me. Now, I have to convince the wifey that it's for her too
    good job then bro.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ang tagal ng Boxer Diesel i-release dito ano?

Any news from MI guys?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    hindi naman sa sama, kaso customer service tska parts mahirap kasi dadalawa lang Subaru nun eh. Tapos iilan lang din bumubili, kaya parang 'uncool' ka dun.

mahirap i convince dad ko eh. kasi may shell-citi na siya kaya hindi na pwedeng pambato yung shell discount... saang discount ba yun sir?

Ah ganun ba. OKS lang pero may discount din sa MI puwera lang kung NEW CAR ang kukunin.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    basta ako nadala na kami nun magkarun ng chevy venture. may tumutunog sa gulong, tinignan tapos 100K daw palit abs.

swerte nga yun Ford Explorer namin nakasakay lang sa dami ng Ford Escape dito kayo halos pareho lang ng PMS, same as crv.

ngaun, meron na naman kami pinoproblema car. Mazda 6. at least sa PMS ok lang, nakikisakay sa dami ng Mazda 3 pero yun ibang parts na exclusive to Mz6 dun ako kinakabahan. buti na lang wala pang 2T km yun Mz6 namin two years ago na.

pero nakikita ko naman na dumadami ang subaru forester sa roads natin ngaun, yun nga lang tiga-rito lang ako sa Ortigas area kung san malapit yun nag-iisang casa nila. if Subaru branches out with the other 4 major cities in the metro, that's the time siguro mga 3rd party original parts importer will take notice.

Baka naman may kinalaman din ang brand na malaki pero low CS at reliability rating sa parts woes ninyo dati bro ... Luckily GM sold its interest in Subaru back to Fuji, subsequently partly taken by Toyota.

Even Mazda is distancing itself from Ford lately though I think mas maganda pa feedback ng Ford kesa sa GM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Ang tagal ng Boxer Diesel i-release dito ano?

Any news from MI guys?

Wala pa. Di pa din naman sila nagko commit talaga. Methinks pag nagkaroon na sa Australia as requested, malapit lapit na.

Pero may new WRX sedan na! It has great looks and a trunk!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hi guys! It's been a long time since I last posted in this forum. Just an update on the head to head comparison.

On maintenance, I had my 10K km tune-up a while back on my Forester at MI. For those who want to know, the cost was about 5K (inclusive of synthetic oil which I bought from Shell). The service, oil filter, brake cleaning, etc. was all done at MI. This is about the same price I paid for my CRV's 10K km tune-up.

During service, one thing to watch out for is the bill of materials and scope of work to be performed by the dealer. Ask for an estimate first and review the list to ensure that you are OK with the services they will perform. There may be some "extra" jobs that you may not need and you must point these out to your service attendant. I was able to do this for both my Honda and Subaru and the total cost came just about even for both. So far, there is no maintenance cost difference and service intervals are every 10K kms for both.

Lastly, one thing I appreciate with Subaru service is that I got the car fast (about half -day which is still better than other brands!). This is partly due to the low number of Subaru's being serviced compared to other brands. Although this advantage is temporary, it is still a benefit Subaru owners can enjoy.

So for those thinking about the cost of maintenance for a Subaru, the price is about the same as a Honda (at least for now!).

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Subaru for me...halos the same lang price but yet mas madaming features ang subaru, plus boxer type engine and an all-wheel-drive. Sarap ihataw!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Honda CRV 2.0S VS Subaru Forester 2.0X