New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 143 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1576
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Sweet, but that's not a win for the single-speed transmission but for the electric powertrain overall.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Just sharing... I never imagined this day would come in my lifetime (sa PHL)...

Went our for lunch with 3 new employees... used the extra car which was MT...

Guard went to our table as car needs to be moved (may aalis)

Nag-uunahan yung 3 to present themselves to do it for me. Gave it the keys to one of the guys, then bumalik sya sa table after less than 5 minutes...

"Sir, manual pala yung car mo, di ako marunong"
    Then the other 2 also told me, "sorry Sir, AT lang po kami natuto mag drive"

While moving the car, naisip ko lang na wow... 20 somethings who can no longer drive MT cars...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

Nag-uunahan yung 3 to present themselves to do it for me. Gave it the keys to one of the guys, then bumalik sya sa table after less than 5 minutes...

While moving the car, naisip ko lang na wow... 20 somethings who can no longer drive MT cars...
    Soon, mutants will be born with right foot only.[emoji13]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

Anti theft. Hehe
    It is a dying skill. Soon those who mastered MT will become legends.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    for those driving the a/t wigo, what's the lowest gear option of the car?

i'm not familiar w/ the vehicle and a lady friend is asking me about it. she's a rookie driver and she's asking for tips for inclined driving.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post

i'm not familiar w/ the vehicle and a lady friend is asking me about it. she's a rookie driver and she's asking for tips for inclined driving.
    i'm not sure what you're asking for, but you can lock it for "2" and for "3", or go full 4.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009

"D" will let the car go from 1st gear to 4th gear.
    "3" will let the car go from 1st gear to 3rd gear (ie. D3 on Hondas). Can be used on extended uphill drives to prevent gear hunting
    "2" likely means it is locked on 2nd gear. It's typically used in cold climates to help prevent wheel-spin on snow

3 and 2 can also be used if you need engine braking on long downhill drives

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i'm not sure what you're asking for, but you can lock it for "2" and for "3", or go full 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    "D" will let the car go from 1st gear to 4th gear.
    "3" will let the car go from 1st gear to 3rd gear (ie. D3 on Hondas). Can be used on extended uphill drives to prevent gear hunting
    "2" likely means it is locked on 2nd gear. It's typically used in cold climates to help prevent wheel-spin on snow

3 and 2 can also be used if you need engine braking on long downhill drives
    ah so "2" is the lowest gear in the wigo for driving on steep roads .

all our a/t vehicles are tiptronic now so they don't have the "2" or "3" gear options. and like i said, i haven't driven nor ridden shotgun in a wigo yet so i don't really know its gear lay outs.

i remember our old gd jazz had an "L" gear even though it was already equipped w/ a "manumatic" feature.

thanks for clarifying bros!
    Last edited by baludoy; May 28th, 2019 at 12:23 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I wouldn't put it like that. Rather, "2" is the lowest selectable or lockable gear. The lowest gear is still technically 1st gear, which is available in "D" and "3" modes, but it operates in full-auto and hence, you can't lock it on 1st gear.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008

all our a/t vehicles are tiptronic now so they don't have the "2" or "3" gear options. and like i said, i haven't driven nor ridden shotgun in a wigo yet so i don't really know its gear lay outs.

i remember our old gd jazz had an "L" gear even though it was already equipped w/ a "manumatic" feature.

thanks for clarifying bros!
    from what i understand, "2" means car gear will be either 1 or 2 only. on "3", the choices of the car will be 1, 2, or 3. on D4, it will be full-range 4 speed.
    once, i absent-mindedly left it on "2", and i was wondering why napaka-bagal ko sa daan, kahit tinatapakan ko naman ang silinyador...

but the car seems intelligent naman.
    going up our steep parking ramp, with the stick on full D4, the gear is still on 1, even as the rpm is beyond the shifting point. i can feel when it shifts, kasi.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 28th, 2019 at 07:53 AM.