New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Any tips on knowing if the odometer is tampered?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sirLancelot View Post
    Any tips on knowing if the odometer is tampered?
    ask the guy who tampered with it.
    i mean, they are so good at it.. you-the-buyer wouldn't know..

some clues.. the low odo reading does not seem to support the rundown interiors, the bald tires, the lethargic engine, the tired body.
    most modern car engines in good condition, will start in one easy click..
    and the driver's seat! kung lundo na yan...
    ..things an in-experienced buyer or an excited buyer (and who wouldn't? it's his first car!), would miss.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    good day mga sir and madam, wala po kasi ako kilalang mekaniko, pero gusto ko din bumili ng 2nd hand, kung ako lang po ba ang titingin, ano po yun mga kelangan pagtuunan ng pansin? any checklists? thank you...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Hi, i'd like to buy 2nd hand car din.. same with leo321, wala din ako kilalang mechanic.
    okay lang ba if ask ko yung seller na sa casa ko ipapacheck yung car? if honda civic, mga magkano kaya aabutin nun? tnx.

Hi, i'd like to buy 2nd hand car din.. same with leo321, wala din ako kilalang mechanic.
    okay lang ba if ask ko yung seller na sa casa ko ipapacheck yung car? if honda civic, mga magkano kaya aabutin nun? tnx.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    hi,

is there any used car selling shops that are willing to trade in an old model car to get a second hand car from them?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    hi,

is there any used car selling shops that are willing to trade in an old model car to get a second hand car from them?
    almost all of them do, po.
    and they all have the same motto: "buy low, sell high".
    if you have the patience, the time, and the inclination, you would be better off if you sell your car, yourself.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Following the thread.

I'd like to buy a second hand car for me and my daughter. Daily use to and fro her school. Maybe a trip to the mall on the weekend. Budget is 250k. Might be able to push it to 300k kaso parang hindi na ako nasusulitan. Her school is just 5minutes drive away, but not "walkable". Plus we need a car din for groceries and such. No long drives.

Bottomline- a good, safe car for us, I'm not scrimping but I don't want to spend too much considering the minimal usage. We live in Bulacan with my parents. They have an SUV, which I'm too much of a wuss to drive (hence, subcomp or sedan). Husband's in the US, and we may decide to move there within 5 years time. In the meantime, she (daughter) does her schooling here.

I'm torn between older models (2000-2005) or newer ones (2010-2013) that are in the same price range. Considerations are safety, maintenance costs, and ease of drive. All power, maybe? Ang nakikita ko are Jazz, Honda City, Altis (older built set), then Celerio, i10 (not Grand), and Eon (later model set). I would prefer A/T. Which way should I go? Any other cars I should include in my search list? I've never owned a car so I don't know what to look for, or if I'm looking for the right things.

Also, bakit ang daming murang Chevrolet Aveo?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by tantra2gadget View Post
    Eto nga pala mga choices ko icheck mga seller online sila here in Baguio and some in Manila pa.
    Price is 120,000 php Toyota Corolla XL 1997 Manual
    Attachment 21327
    Price is 140,000 php Ford Lynx 2000 Manual
    Attachment 21328
    Price is 130,000 php Toyota Corolla GLi Efi 1995 Manual
    Attachment 21329
    I think you should have a toyota. Either on that two.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Definitely the Corolla. Taas ng resale ng big body. We bought ours in cash for P500k+ in 1996 and sold it around that price in 2014.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Between the choices you have i'd go with the corolla gli 95

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Help! Buying On 2nd Hand Car Shops or Buying On Private Sellers Online?