New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Definitely the Corolla. Taas ng resale ng big body. We bought ours in cash for P500k+ in 1996 and sold it around that price in 2014.
    someone bought a 1996 big body corolla for 500K, last year?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

someone bought a 1996 big body corolla for 500K, last year?
    No I meant around the same price range posted in the pics hehe

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    No I meant around the same price range posted in the pics hehe
    ah!
    for a while there, i thought it was elvis presley's corolla we were talking about...
    heh heh.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Good Evening newbie here.. balak ko kasi bumili ng 2nd hand na sasakyan.. crv or rav4 pinapagpiliian ko.. ask ko lang bakit ang mura ng mga presyo sa car finder?? real price ba un?? may 70k - 200k.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kariz View Post
    Following the thread.

I'd like to buy a second hand car for me and my daughter. Daily use to and fro her school. Maybe a trip to the mall on the weekend. Budget is 250k. Might be able to push it to 300k kaso parang hindi na ako nasusulitan. Her school is just 5minutes drive away, but not "walkable". Plus we need a car din for groceries and such. No long drives.

Bottomline- a good, safe car for us, I'm not scrimping but I don't want to spend too much considering the minimal usage. We live in Bulacan with my parents. They have an SUV, which I'm too much of a wuss to drive (hence, subcomp or sedan). Husband's in the US, and we may decide to move there within 5 years time. In the meantime, she (daughter) does her schooling here.

I'm torn between older models (2000-2005) or newer ones (2010-2013) that are in the same price range. Considerations are safety, maintenance costs, and ease of drive. All power, maybe? Ang nakikita ko are Jazz, Honda City, Altis (older built set), then Celerio, i10 (not Grand), and Eon (later model set). I would prefer A/T. Which way should I go? Any other cars I should include in my search list? I've never owned a car so I don't know what to look for, or if I'm looking for the right things.

Also, bakit ang daming murang Chevrolet Aveo?
    Mazda 3 2.0R. 😊 just got one for roughly the same price. Take advantage of Mazda's really low resale value.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Mazda 3 2.0R. [emoji4] just got one for roughly the same price. Take advantage of Mazda's really low resale value.

How's your FC sir?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Haven't done a full tank computation yet since the car was in the shop for a week, but based on my latest guestimates it's about 6.5 km/L in pure city driving. My Altis gets about 8 km/L in the same conditions, with a smaller 1.6 engine and a manual transmission.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff1228 View Post
    Good Evening newbie here.. balak ko kasi bumili ng 2nd hand na sasakyan.. crv or rav4 pinapagpiliian ko.. ask ko lang bakit ang mura ng mga presyo sa car finder?? real price ba un?? may 70k - 200k.
    1. some advertisers put down the down payment, only, and not the full asking price. a lower "price" attracts more eyes than the "regularly-priced" items. you will have to either read carefully the complete ad, or give them a call, to find out.
    2. baka "as is, where is" condition, complete with lumot, seaweed or whatever.
    3. basket case.. more rust than metal.
    4. stolen car or smuggled car (i.e., taxes not fully paid, "irregularly obtained documents", etc etc..).
    5. the seller just wants to get rid of it.

my advise: don't rush. it's a buyers' market out there, po. ... and the next one might just turn out to be a better buy than "the one that got away".

have fun.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 8th, 2015 at 11:51 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    doubledouble.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    any tips on where can we buy second hand car peacefully

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Help! Buying On 2nd Hand Car Shops or Buying On Private Sellers Online?