New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    0 and 2 ako kaya wala ako auto pag Wednesday Yung mga magkasunod and main and coding car ang affected like 8 and 0 walang car pag Friday.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    It's either that or make do with the status quo. But things are bound to get worse with time. I don't think infrastructure will ever keep up with the number of cars added to Metro Manila roads daily.

They should give out outrageous incentives to companies putting up shop outside Metro Manila. No taxes for the first 5 years, suspension of VAT, lower income tax rates for new hires, etc. That ought to dampen demand for Metro Manila locations.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    It's either that or make do with the status quo. But things are bound to get worse with time. I don't think infrastructure will ever keep up with the number of cars added to Metro Manila roads daily.

They should give out outrageous incentives to companies putting up shop outside Metro Manila. No taxes for the first 5 years, suspension of VAT, lower income tax rates for new hires, etc. That ought to dampen demand for Metro Manila locations.
    I might get a lot of hate for this but can't they be strict in issuing car loans? Maybe 50% down minimum. There's just too many cars AND condos in MM. Condos isa pa yan! Maybe minimum 80 sq m. I like older 80s and 90s condos malalaki pa. Wag naman yun 25 sq m tapos may car pa yun! Kaya ang dense ng population sa MM.

Last edited by _Cathy_; June 28th, 2017 at 03:55 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I might get a lot of hate for this but can't they be strict in issuing car loans? Maybe 50% down minimum. There's just too many cars AND condos in MM. Condos isa pa yan! I hate it now!!! Maybe minimum 80 sq m. I like older 80s and 90s condos malalaki pa. Wag naman yun 25 sq m tapos may car pa yun! Kaya ang dense ng population sa MM.

Too many condos and cars talaga. Wala pa yatang regulation re: ratio of condo units to parking spaces. I think that should have been addressed a long time ago.

They could also ban all street parking in Metro Manila (eventually) so that there will be a lot more alternate routes.

But the best solution would be to move out. It's up to the government to make other areas attractive to investors. We only need to look at the sheer number of buildings being put up to get an idea of how worse it's going to get the next few years.

We hardly have any deliveries to Manila anymore. It is just too tedious. My drivers are thankful that traffic in their regular routes is a lot lighter and most of the time they get home by 5:30pm. Since they live nearby they leave the house at 7:30am. ☺

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    people aren't going to leave their cars at home and take public transportation if that's the plan of govt

people love being in cars too much

it's more than transportation

it's personal space

it's a cocoon

it's safe and comfortable and it feels good

people aren't gonna give that up

kung kelangan gumastos para bumili ng isa pang sasakyan with specific ending number request, gagastos

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    We hardly have any deliveries to Manila anymore. It is just too tedious. My drivers are thankful that traffic in their regular routes is a lot lighter and most of the time they get home by 5:30pm. Since they live nearby they leave the house at 7:30am. ☺
    infrastruture bottleneck

growth is now being limited by the capacity of infrastructure

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Haha sooner or later they might think of reversing it & make your coding day the only day that you 'll be able to use your car hehe.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    infrastruture bottleneck

growth is now being limited by the capacity of infrastructure
    Yup. But they really have to direct growth elsewhere. Metro Manila is way too crowded already. And it's gonna be much worse in a few years' time.

I remember how the wife's regional bosses commented on why the people here only set 1-2 meetings a day when they were doing 3-5 in their home countries. They thought Filipinos were lazy.

Until they came here and saw for themselves how much time it takes to get to 1 meeting.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yup. But they really have to direct growth elsewhere. Metro Manila is way too crowded already. And it's gonna be much worse in a few years' time.

I remember how the wife's regional bosses commented on why the people here only set 1-2 meetings a day when they were doing 3-5 in their home countries. They thought Filipinos were lazy.

Until they came here and saw for themselves how much time it takes to get to 1 meeting.
    Bilis talaga ng development. Both my parents have been living in Makati since the late 1960s. Talahiban pa daw most of Makati Report: MMDA head proposes two-day number coding scheme Ang naabutan kong talahiban yung BGC. We called it "The Fort" back in the 90s. Now BGC is traffic hell during rush hour. One time took me 30 mins from St Luke's to Serendra!

I really think the low DP cars and condos are to blame. My friend bought a condo at Acacia Estates pero umuuwi pa rin ng BF. Mas mabilis pa daw going home to BF than her condo.

Last edited by _Cathy_; June 28th, 2017 at 05:48 PM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Misplaced priorities. I wouldn't even let my insurance lapse for one day.
    Panalo second hand market when this happens, it's hard to gamble with the ending number of a new car. Hindi rin ako makakahiram ng kotse e pero even

It's no wonder people are leaving this country. Mafru frustrate ka lang.
    When I was shopping around for my other 2nd hand car, ilang units yun mukhang maganda na sana kundisyon at presyo na rin, pero same coding day lang nung car ko ngayon kaya out of consideration kaagad.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast