New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    TVSS ? The value of this system will only be tested once your car been opened. They toyota has not lived up to my expectation with all others victimized without even a deterrent of a simple alarm.

Code alarm CA 310 has been installed in my Hilux a while ago still using the stock remote key. The good thing is you can adjust the sensitivity of the sensor to your liking. It works with the stock system.

I don't mind voiding the warranty of TVSS. Better to act now than be sorry later. If I have known TVSS it in the first Place was just a key less entry I did have upgraded immediately.

The TVSS is under question because the Car started even with the spare key (metal) with the TVSS activated ??????? and this is a big question mark !!!!!

Maybe they will tell that the metal key has IC in it?? No RF system will work if covered by metal like a KEY.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPrince View Post
    Hi Guys,

Will my question concerning the TVSS-Immobilizer be an O.T. here?
    If not, then here is my question - Is it true that Hi-end IMVs are equiped with immobililzers and that changing your current TVSS with a non-stock car security system will not only void your warranty but leave your car "carnappable"?

btw, mine is Innova G D-4d A/T.

Thanks
    In my case it's not working. I locked / armed myself inside the Hilux. then I start it with the spare key without remote. The car start, therefore immobolizer in my car not working. Check with your Innova. If many of us has the same experience then toyota has not met their commitment.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Check with your manual, the transponder key of cars with immobilizer is different from what you are holding right now.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    TVSS ? The value of this system will only be tested once your car been opened. They toyota has not lived up to my expectation with all others victimized without even a deterrent of a simple alarm.

Code alarm CA 310 has been installed in my Hilux a while ago still using the stock remote key. The good thing is you can adjust the sensitivity of the sensor to your liking. It works with the stock system.

I don't mind voiding the warranty of TVSS. Better to act now than be sorry later. If I have known TVSS it in the first Place was just a key less entry I did have upgraded immediately.

The TVSS is under question because the Car started even with the spare key (metal) with the TVSS activated ??????? and this is a big question mark !!!!!

Maybe they will tell that the metal key has IC in it?? No RF system will work if covered by metal like a KEY.
    Magkano inabot sa installation Bro. at kaninong shop yun sa Winterpine ba??

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Not Winterpine.

Kid Audio of Binan Laguna. I lived in the south.
    Winterpine is the sub contractor of toyota bicutan, the price there is 2X !

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Check with your manual, the transponder key of cars with immobilizer is different from what you are holding right now.
    The Manager of Service Advisor of Toyota Bicutan went to my office to show me the Car Key with immobilizer, the one with integrated remote and key. Well if he is wrong then we have a bigger problem. At that time i have not brought my spare key so no way to test what he is claiming.

I just tested the key without remote when I went home and the car start after I armed it went the other key.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Nakakatuwa tong thread na to'... Puro hihihi... :hihihi:
    iam3739.com

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    That represent a customer having problem with the car he bought

In my case, my Hilux . . . . at toyota bicutan

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    bakit yung corolla ko, kapag kalampag yung body... alarm
    kapag inangat yung handle... alarm

pero sira yung remote, kaya manual lock na lang alang alarm ehhehe

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I suggest to include in the sticky thread those topics that concerns consumers woes and problems like toyota d4d, tvss and other manufacturers. in this way visitors and members will be informed.

Just imagine these problems are being "dedma" as if it is normal !

Kung puede lang naman . . . .

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Toyota Vehicle Security System (TVSS)