New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Hi ! this is my first post here in Tsikot, Been hanging around for quite sometime
    reading post on SUV and Cars.

Last Sept. 01, my '05 Hilux rear quarter window (left) was smashed till it fell inside the cabin and my valuables was stolen. The fact that I'm just several meters away from the vehicle, IF ONLY IF THE ALARM ACTIVATED I WOULD EASILY HEARD THE SOUND PLUS THE FLASHING OF THE LIGHTS. I verified it with Toyota Bicutan and they confirmed that the TVSS will activate only if the door was open. Holy Grail, even if all windows would be broken it will not alarm! Therefore the TVSS is just merely KEY LESS ENTRY.

If only they informed me of that TVSS I would upgrade to a better system. I spent more than P100,000 in the upgrades from the sound system, sliding bed cover, front and rear suspensions. Several thousand on the alarm upgrade would not make much difference in investment.

I email Toyota Phils and no reply so far. I requested toyota bicutan to upgrade the alarm at their cost but they gave me all the alibi's known to Phil. Car industry. I have brand new civic and lancer before both below P1 Million and yet they have decent alarm better than TVSS.

All Hilux and Fortuner Owners out there, better to check your TVSS because it may be on a mere KEY LESS ENTRY. Bad elements out there know the limitation of Hilux and Fortuner.

In the Future I will not acquire a Toyota Vehicle, the reply I recieve from Toyota Bicutan S U C K S !

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    This is the same concern I raised with my Innova G, it does not have a descent impact sensor.

Infact, most of the service advisor from Toyota does not know that TVSS has impact sensor

Go inside your ride and arm your TVSS, slap hard your dash board on top of the instrument panel and alarm will set on Slap hard any part of your ride and alarm will not set

TVSS still need to be upgraded to another alarm system where impact sensor can really work.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    err..isn't the TVSS explained in the manual? or it would have come in a separate manual from the main Hilux manual. If it is indeed explained in the manual (how it works) then i think Toyota phils. is not liable in any way.

But if the manual does not state anything about how the alarm works, then you could maybe demand toyota phils. to replace your TVSS to a more expensive alarm system for free since you could claim false security from their TVSS.

Basically all cheap alarms, even most of those that come stock with brandnew cars, rely on a module which can detect slight movements or vibrations of the car while armed. I'm not sure though how TVSS works. If this module is set to a high enough sensitivity, then the breaking of your rear quarter glass would have probably set off the alarm..

If you want a more sophisticated alarm, you would have to look for an alarm system with motion detection. we had a similar Bosch alarm system that could detect movements inside the car cabin installed on our old 190E benz before.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    those robbers knew about the TVSS better than the dealers. tsktsk! uneducated in their field of work..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    err..isn't the TVSS explained in the manual? or it would have come in a separate manual from the main Hilux manual. If it is indeed explained in the manual (how it works) then i think Toyota phils. is not liable in any way.

But if the manual does not state anything about how the alarm works, then you could maybe demand toyota phils. to replace your TVSS to a more expensive alarm system for free since you could claim false security from their TVSS.

Basically all cheap alarms, even most of those that come stock with brandnew cars, rely on a module which can detect slight movements or vibrations of the car while armed. I'm not sure though how TVSS works. If this module is set to a high enough sensitivity, then the breaking of your rear quarter glass would have probably set off the alarm..

If you want a more sophisticated alarm, you would have to look for an alarm system with motion detection. we had a similar Bosch alarm system that could detect movements inside the car cabin installed on our old 190E benz before.
    I have a 3 series bmw 2 years ago, familiar with that sophisticated system.
    Am a busy person, no time to check Manual of all my cars. Just sharing my experience so that others may not be a victim.

As I posted, Toyota Bicutan has confirmed that the TVSS of Hilux only activate if the door is open. It has no sensor to sense that impact.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hmm kung di mo binabasa ang manual and if nasa manual nga ang TVSS...baka malabo makahingi ng free upgrade sa casa...baka sasabihan ka ng di mo binasa ang manual, be it may time ka magbasa o wala...

pero malay natin malusot sa sindak

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I suggest you read the manual mr. rvt.

Im sure it wont hurt your time.
    iam3739.com

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    Am a busy person, no time to check Manual of all my cars. Just sharing my experience so that others may not be a victim.

As I posted, Toyota Bicutan has confirmed that the TVSS of Hilux only activate if the door is open. It has no sensor to sense that impact.
    Maybe you can tell your secretary to read the manuals of all your cars for you and if you've got a question, just call/ask your secretary ;)

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post

That is what always the service advisor will tell their client, that TVSS has no impact sensor

I'm sure Innova/Fortuner/Hilux has the same TVSS in common.

Do this, go inside your Hilux and arm your TVSS. when you see the flashing LED it means it is already armed. Now slap hard the top of your dash board about 6 inches away and centering your instrument panel, I'm sure it will activate your impact sensor Slap hard other parts of your dash board and alarm will not activate.

I raised this at Toyota that they may need to relocate the impact sensor somewhere or they have to give us way to adjust its sensitivity but I got no favorable response and it seems even the service dept does not know that it has impact sensor.

Hilux/Fortuner/Innova was already around since 2005 and yet not everyone in Toyota service knows that TVSS has impact sensor.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    All they do is "Hindi naman sa naninira ng ibang kompanya"... Hihihihi... Thats all they now. I hope im wrong.
    iam3739.com

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
Toyota Vehicle Security System (TVSS)