New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi Guys,

Will my question concerning the TVSS-Immobilizer be an O.T. here?
    If not, then here is my question - Is it true that Hi-end IMVs are equiped with immobililzers and that changing your current TVSS with a non-stock car security system will not only void your warranty but leave your car "carnappable"?

btw, mine is Innova G D-4d A/T.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Sure it will void the warranty if you got it outside Casa. But if you acquired it in the Casa Dealer where you bought your car most likely it will not void the warranty ? ? ? Why, I do not know. That's only in the Phils.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Just to update those that may be interested . . . . . . .

Somebody from Toyota Bicutan has paid a visit to show the actual TVSS capability. It has sensor on the front panel and immobilizer system. No sensor on the door or other parts of the vehicles. Even if all your glass were all broken alarm will not activate unless the front panel inside absorbed an impact.

This holds true to Hilux and Fortuner at least from Toyota Bicutan, don't know from other dealers.

Now they called me that they have upgrade which they called Code alarm - CU 310 which cost around P11,000. I still have to check other outlet seems the price is too high.

Anybody who have code alarm on their car ? How much ?

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    so sa Innova kaya ganoon din siguro dahil isa ito sa IMV proj.ng toyota.

My Revo is nearly 4 years old, and the TVSS impact sensor never really worked. Weird lang kasi a few months ago, my son hit one of the wheels (di naman sobrang lakas), and it triggered a chirp. As in first time in 3 years ko narinig yun. Samantalang dati ko na talaga hinahampas at sinisipa yung mga gulong to test the impact sensor.

Some of our club members say that the TVSS console does have a sensitivity adjustment. Never got to look at it myself though.

Pero what I like sa TVSS are:
    - it automatically locks doors when speeding up (when the A/T hits 2nd gear).
    - it does not have that auto-lock function when you leave the car (other alarms will automatically engage after a minute of non-activity and all doors are closed). I don't like the auto-engage feature kasi I might have left the key inside, tapos mag-auto-lock siya.
    - ability to disable sounds (I hate those loud chirps when activating/deactivating the alarm).

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Toyota Makati if I remember right is offering 10K for code alarm, and they will configure your original key and original TVSS to work in tandem with the Code Alarm. I guess they know what they are claiming and so far they are the only dealer that I talked to that they seem to know the problem with TVSS, other dealers are clueless about this and they will claim that TVSS has no impact sensor while it has and it's located in the drivers' side dash board.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Toyota Makati if I remember right is offering 10K for code alarm, and they will configure your original key and original TVSS to work in tandem with the Code Alarm. I guess they know what they are claiming and so far they are the only dealer that I talked to that they seem to know the problem with TVSS, other dealers are clueless about this and they will claim that TVSS has no impact sensor while it has and it's located in the drivers' side dash board.
    Same with Toyota Bicutan for P11K. I have a local shop where I can have it for half the price. Just would like to know what is the added features of CA 310 as this is the one offered by Toyota Bicutan. Winterpine is their installer/supplier.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    Just would like to know what is the added features of CA 310 as this is the one offered by Toyota Bicutan.
    from the official website

Code Alarm CA310 (Upgrade Security to Factory Keyless Entry System)

• Uses Factory Keyless Entry Remote Control Transmitter
    • Two Stage Interrupt
    • Flashing Lights
    • 125db Siren

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Funny alarm. May immobilizer but the sensors only work on the dashboard -- unless you spring an extra 11k?I wonder if it would be possible to remove the immobilizer instead and go aftermarket? Not sure about current prices though -- anybody with recent experience?

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    Just to update those that may be interested . . . . . . .

Somebody from Toyota Bicutan has paid a visit to show the actual TVSS capability. It has sensor on the front panel and immobilizer system. No sensor on the door or other parts of the vehicles. Even if all your glass were all broken alarm will not activate unless the front panel inside absorbed an impact.

This holds true to Hilux and Fortuner at least from Toyota Bicutan, don't know from other dealers.

Now they called me that they have upgrade which they called Code alarm - CU 310 which cost around P11,000. I still have to check other outlet seems the price is too high.

Anybody who have code alarm on their car ? How much ?

TVSS Upgrade

http://pinoyfortuner.14.forumer.com/...asc&highlight=

http://pinoyfortuner.14.forumer.com/...er=asc&start=0

Immobilzer/Fortuner Keys

http://pinoyfortuner.14.forumer.com/...er=asc&start=0

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Toyota Vehicle Security System (TVSS)