New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Thanks Sir HiFi . . . .

I ordered sa Kid Audio (Binan) next week for installation sa Hilux ko.

Now I have a peace of mind that I will use an alarm which was proven by other Toyota users.

Thanks again !

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Toyota Pasong Tamo quoted the Code Alarm CA-310 at P9.6K, but they said when they install it, the TVSS will be disabled but the same Toyota keys will be used. The same we mentioned buy Toyota Ortigas, so it seems only Toyota Bicutan is able to install it without both the TVSS and the Code Alarm active?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by gaol View Post
    Toyota Pasong Tamo quoted the Code Alarm CA-310 at P9.6K, but they said when they install it, the TVSS will be disabled but the same Toyota keys will be used. The same we mentioned buy Toyota Ortigas, so it seems only Toyota Bicutan is able to install it without both the TVSS and the Code Alarm active?
    Nope, I have no knowledge about Toyota Bicutan capability. According to them it will be integrated with the existing TVSS as upgrade. Winterpine is their subcontructor. P11,000 is too expensive, I will have it around P6,000. Casa pricing is almost doubled.

My local shop in Laguna will install it for me next week probably tuesday. From the readings I have, it seems it can be integrated since you will have two system running.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    how about Clifford alarms? can it be integrated with the TVSS?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    [quote='[r]ichkri3g;909319']how about Clifford alarms? can it be integrated with the TVSS?

No you cant.But clifford is very reliable alarm,theres no need to integrate if you have one.

What doesn't work

Here is a list of car security strategies that can't be relied upon for various reasons. Some of these strategies are viable visual deterrents, but if they're inconvenient, high in cost, or simply ineffective, they made the list. If I keep coming across posts that say "help, my car got stolen even though I ---.", that --- made the list.

Removing ECU
    Removing Fuses/Relays
    Removing plug wires/distributor cap
    Removable steering wheel
    Club-like devices
    Starter kill chip
    Standard alarm install
    Factory alarm
    Factory immobilizer
    Factory steering wheel lock
    Any type of switch/chip/start kill device that is:
    A) visible
    B) connected to the ignition harness
    Praying
    Ignorance
    Having an ugly exterior
    "If they really want it, they'll get it."

What works Tracking device ie. Lojack, Viper 210V
    Stealth installed paging Alarm
    Battery backup, hood pin, hidden siren
    Additional sensors ie glass breakage, tilt, motion/proximity
    Kill switch
    Garage
    Staying low-key
    Parking in a safe area

taken from http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1794938

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    grabe and daming kelangan tandaan just to make your car secure.

i found a better way to avoid that, buy a Hyundai. pero now it seems bec. of this forum, the Hyundai's are also becoming hot cars . i kinda liked it when Hyundais were low-profiles.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    grabe and daming kelangan tandaan just to make your car secure.

Technology has played a big role in this thriving industry or car napping.

Market for these underground products determine its popularity. The old and tested "Supply and Demand" also applies here.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sana legal nalang yung car alarm na may lumalabas na apoy para patay ang carnapper. :hihihi:
    iam3739.com

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    a much better vehicle security system... maglagay ng cobra or any venomous snake inside your vehicle whenever you leave it in a public place.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    Nope, I have no knowledge about Toyota Bicutan capability. According to them it will be integrated with the existing TVSS as upgrade. Winterpine is their subcontructor. P11,000 is too expensive, I will have it around P6,000. Casa pricing is almost doubled.

My local shop in Laguna will install it for me next week probably tuesday. From the readings I have, it seems it can be integrated since you will have two system running.
    Thanks. Will the warranty for the TVSS be voided if I have Winterpine or someone else install the alarm, intead of the CASA?

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Toyota Vehicle Security System (TVSS)