New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ baka ibig sabihin niya, yung dream ng Toyota / Toyoda na maging number 1 sa world eh hindi niya nareach in short, they failed.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    anu po yun? pardon?

Akio Toyoda is Toyota's CEO & President and also the grandson of the automaker's founder...which at the moment continues to investigate the recall of eight Toyota products affected by the sticking accelerator issue (now spanning three continents and affecting nearly nine million vehicles)...which the Phils. is not included as (as always)

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    IMO, Toyota isn't a good car brand/company at the moment. It's very obvious, with the quality of their cars recently in various aspects. Even their designs seem way too conservative recently as compared to Honda.

I'm sure the sudden events made them open up their singkit eyes. I'd expect them to somehow reinvent themselves in the years to come. You know how the Japanese are, unless they commit suicide!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    surely toyota will find a way to redeem herself, pero siguradong hindi madali para sa kanila na ibalik ang tiwala ng car buyers lalo na sa north america.

Sa Pilipinas I think hindi masyado kasi natanim na sa isipan ng maraming kababayan natin na ang toyota brand ay superior. Just look around maraming new D4D powered innova & fort sa kalsada, mga wala pang plate despite ng reported choking problem, above all no recall was made

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Toyota still has a history of reliable cars. However Toyota the company now has a big dent in its reputation. Especially considering how dishonest it has been

Read on:

Toyota hid Pedal Defect in Violation of US laws

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...hood-says.html

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ^ baka ibig sabihin niya, yung dream ng Toyota / Toyoda na maging number 1 sa world eh hindi niya nareach in short, they failed.
    naging number 1 naman sila for a time...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Toyota is still number 2 in the US while Honda is number 4. It's still the Top Japanese car company, unlike Mitsubishi which is not even anywhere at the top car brands in the US. Kahit di siya number one sa US, how many would even consider buying a GM sa pinas? Also kahit di siya number one sa world, may mabili ka bang Volkswagen? Sa Pilipinas, marami pa rin bumibili ng mga Toyotas. All the recall talk didn't put a dent in its sales locally.
    Last edited by Monseratto; April 7th, 2010 at 08:27 AM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    But then again I am sure majority of the local buyers are not even aware something is going on with Toyota in the US...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ^ just like the choking issues of toyotas diesel engines

ignorance is bliss

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    But then again I am sure majority of the local buyers are not even aware something is going on with Toyota in the US...
    Watching Bloomberg last night, regarding Toyota's US$ 16 million penalty. They were interviewing someone from Edmunds.com. Asked why the 40% improvement in sales for March which placed Toyota back to number 2. Beside the incentives, the person commenterd that Toyota has a huge loyal consumer base built up over the years. Something that even all the negative media noise hasn't made a big dent. I guess there are many Americans haven't heard or chose to ignore it. Same thing with the local market. There are more older model Toyotas still running around than any other car brands.
    Last edited by Monseratto; April 7th, 2010 at 10:56 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
is toyota still a good car brand to own? is it still a good car company?