New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    because of its massive recall and other problems, it is still worth to own a toyota?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    IMO, yes pa rin. recalls have been there for all brands over the years.

my 2 cents

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioser View Post
    because of its massive recall and other problems, it is still worth to own a toyota?

If I was a to buy a new car, I would think twice against buying a Toyota vehicle for the meantime because of the defects and recall issues.

In the very least, I would have to check if the particular vehicle model I would be interested in would have known issues like the local D4D and fuel tank issues or the international issues like the sudden acceleration / brake or steering issues.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 5th, 2010 at 12:34 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

And the engine sludge issue, too....

IMO, it is not a good time now to buy a Toyota. But I am sure, that they are devoting significant resources to be able to rebound from these issues as soon as possible. When?,- nobody's certain ....

9404:vader:

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    yes...its still a good brand for me. serve our family well from 95 (tamaraw fx namen dati) till now. toyota na kame. pero i admit na im putting my eyes on these toyota recalls and faulty cars.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    yes...its still a good brand for me. serve our family well from 95 (tamaraw fx namen dati) till now. toyota na kame. pero i admit na im putting my eyes on these toyota recalls and faulty cars.
    I agree w/ you having own Toyotas before... until our 2007 vios, it had a very premature kalampag in the suspension. Upon checking w/ a friend who has a car repair shop, I was not alone even rollas has the same issue of kalampag at the rear. We already had disposed of it fortunately.

For the newer models, I'm not recommending it right now, too many issues like the well known D4D problems, and the braking / accelerator defects w/c are very dangerous. Still reminds me the 1st time I saw the video of the runaway Lexus that took away lives, still gives me the creeps.

But who knows after the storm they'll be back on track again.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    I guess it's still worth it, considering the availability of parts and its cost. There are so many better brands but the headache it will bring you would cost you more than what they have recalled for it.
    Basically, Pinoys are better drivers in terms of gut feeling and that's the reason that we have not heard a news or an accident involving what has been the cause of complaint. If ever there is, I'm sure proper action has been address before a major accident happened. If not, I guess skill takes care of it.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

And the engine sludge issue, too....

IMO, it is not a good time now to buy a Toyota. But I am sure, that they are devoting significant resources to be able to rebound from these issues as soon as possible. When?,- nobody's certain ....

9404:vader:
    I think toyota phils is really doing something right now, in fact i saw the "new" innova with the sport runner emblem at the back with its new mags at waltermart santa rosa just yesterday! I think they are trying to make a new look for the innova. But it has almost the same body and d4d engine.. (i think). please correct me if i'm wrong sir.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    i saw the same car too at waltermart. it's the same innova with some minor additions. another marketing strat to attract sales.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by digitel View Post
    I think toyota phils is really doing something right now, in fact i saw the "new" innova with the sport runner emblem at the back with its new mags at waltermart santa rosa just yesterday! I think they are trying to make a new look for the innova. But it has almost the same body and d4d engine.. (i think). please correct me if i'm wrong sir.
    Aesthetic upgrades will never resolve the problems .

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
is toyota still a good car brand to own? is it still a good car company?