New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If I have the moolah, I wouldn't mind buying a Toyota again, as long as it's VVT-i powered and not D4D.

Altis, Yaris, Camry, Innova VVT-i, Fortuner VVT-i. Okay lang.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Its still a good car brand. They were gaining ground in the US and well on their way to no.1 when all the "problems" came out. This was supposed to be isolated, but of course there are a lot of spin doctors in the US who wanted to bash Toyota and not make them no. 1. I especially hate the runaway Prius issue that they showed. The driver could have just put it into neutral and pulled over, so that was a lot of PR BS. They could not even replicate it. Well, because it all looked so staged.

Don't believe all the news. Especially compared to American cars, they're miles ahead. But watch out for the Koreans, they're the new Japanese now. They're not only coming with Korean and Japanese technology, they're also coming with some European design and styling and that good diesel technology.

Expect a strong come back from Toyota, and say goodbye to American cars. Unless those bigwigs in Detroit change their attitudes, don't expect a good car coming out of those stables.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
is toyota still a good car brand to own? is it still a good car company?