New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Toyota still has other models which do not suffer from reported defects such as Corolla oil sludge. Toyota Philippines doesn't rely on a single model for its sales. That's what make Toyota a big company because of it's wide range of models. They fared better than expected in the US because many buyers don't expect the US brands to be any better. Even the Corolla still outsold Civic in February 2010. Is there a on-line February 2010 CAMPI report on how Toyota fared?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    What's good about Toyota parts is that its easier to find outside the casa than Hyundai or Honda. My brother's Ondoy Affected Innova G is already running unlike my friend's 4x2 Sta Fe.
    Toyota has their factory in sta. rosa to thank for the parts availability. Doon rin ginagawa yung vios AFAIK.

HARI and honda phil have to source most their parts abroad, especially HARI. wala silang planta dito

I think it would only get better for Toyota after this. They'll have to be more competetive - improve their products to stay on top. Lexus-level quality for all Toyota cars, anyone?
    Last edited by scharnhorst; March 9th, 2010 at 03:57 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    Lexus-level quality for all Toyota cars, anyone?
    Then they'd have to price their cars like Hondas.

/jk...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    Then they'd have to price their cars like Hondas.

/jk...
    Lexus quality tapos Chery price. wooo.

asa tayo.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Class, let's take a quiz. Shall we?

This Toyota debacle is:

a) Punishment for Japan for trying to kick out US bases.

b) Uncle Sam trying to destroy the competition of its car subsidiaries.

c) Distraction.

d) All of the above.

O, pili na. Bilugan na ang bilog na hugis itlog.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Toyota may still be Good automobile brand to own; Toyota is a reputable brand of automobile.
    It is still somewhat a good brand to own, despite of the recall and other disadvantages of owning a Toyota nowadays.
    Anyway its not only Toyota whose having these problems though, some manufacturers might also have these problems but they may just not blurting it out OR they may be resolving it quickly as possible.
    It is just one thing, Properly maintain your vehicle and you will be happy as you drive your car.... A car is like having a child, expensive at maluho din in terms of maintaining your car...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^^ That argument applies to any car not just Toyota's. If maintained properly almost any car will work for years and years to come. Well, except for later Toyotas with the black sludge issue (na kahit anong maintain mo, sira engine mo).

Toyota had great cars before. Perhaps they still can recover. But for now the risk out weight the benefits. Kaya nag shine na Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Nissan, Isuzu,etc.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I agree with you OSH. Toyota DID make good cars before, early to late 90's. Lets start it off with their small body corollas then up to their lovelife variants, don't forget too their revo and hi-aces. The only reason that I can look at why Toyota did fall is because of their popularity not just here in the PH but also around the world. They haven't perfected each and every vehicle that they make because of one reason, the specific number that they should manufacture in lets say, a month.

Anyways, going back to the topic. Well, yes Toyota can be still a good brand to own and yes, no car will stay long in your hands if you don't care much of it. Even those BMW's and Benzes, proper care should be needed. And also, despite of all these issues that are raging Toyota, I still believe in their toughness in doing their job, and I just hope that they go back to their old ways, treating each and every vehicle they manufacture as a masterpiece or as an art.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    thing about toyota here (or any carmaker for that matter) pag may defect ang isang line of automobiles...

kamot ulo nalang. or give you the finger.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    It's easy for Toyota to prove that their still a good auto company with great ideals for US consumer that no negative news report can beat...

Top Cars in the US March 2010
    1Ford F - Series PU
    2Toyota Camry / Solara
    3Chevrolet Silverado PU
    4Toyota Corolla / Matrix
    5Honda Accord
    6Toyota RAV4
    7Nissan Altima
    8Ford Fusion
    9Honda Civic
    Last edited by Monseratto; April 4th, 2010 at 12:30 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
is toyota still a good car brand to own? is it still a good car company?