New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    When you say escaping, ibig sabihin ay palabas. ang observation ko ay nag vacuum. pumasok ang hangin.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    vacuum means no air... kaya nagcollapsse kasi sipsip ang fuel pump tapos walang breather hole to equalize the negative pressure created by the fuel pump

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    damn it toyota! this is what you give us after years of patronizing your brand. legendary reliability my ass!

we have a 10 innova d4d, how do we know if ours is faulty as well? i have heard metal popping sounds a couple of times from under the right side 2nd row seat; is that where the tank is located? omg!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by supercar10 View Post
    damn it toyota! this is what you give us after years of patronizing your brand. legendary reliability my ass!

we have a 10 innova d4d, how do we know if ours is faulty as well? i have heard metal popping sounds a couple of times from under the right side 2nd row seat; is that where the tank is located? omg!
    Looks like this is isolated to VVTi variants.

Fuel tank is located underneath on the driver side, and has a length that stretch starting from the driver seat up to the rear axle.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    When you say escaping, ibig sabihin ay palabas. ang observation ko ay nag vacuum. pumasok ang hangin.
    According to the Innova owner's manual on page 34

When opening the cap, do not remove the cap quickly. In hot weather, fuel under pressure could cause injury by spraying out of the filler neck if the cap is suddenly removed.
    So it means palabas ang pressure.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Update on our meeting :

Met with a senior executive of TMP and her group manager at 10am today. Meeting was very cordial as they are very much willing to listen. Showed them the posts here in FCP and in Tsikot and have agreed that they will seriously look into it. They will take this up with senior management so positive action will be planned and executed.

Couple of suggestions that I made which they will seriously consider :

1. Setting up of a quick action center or hotline to address the D4D problem
    a. I will be forwarding to them the numbers of those who are affected and they should get in touch with these owners for possible remedies
    b. Instead of the dealership calling, it will be TMP customer service who will be dedicated to solve the issues

2. Extension of warranty for those beyond three years (just for the supply pump) until they can say that the D4d problem is close to zero

3. They will generate the database from their dealerships of owners who have complained and possibly still awaiting actions

4. Possible Focus Group Discussion with concerned owners and TMP to address common issues

5. They will monitor both FCP and tsikot for other concerns that I have not raised. (btw , I also included the issue on the Innova gas tank)

Meeting adjourned at 1120am

I will keep you posted as they have given me numbers if nothing has been done.

Thank you for your support.
    What happened after the meeting? Have you got any update from TMP?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Update on our meeting :

Met with a senior executive of TMP and her group manager at 10am today. Meeting was very cordial as they are very much willing to listen. Showed them the posts here in FCP and in Tsikot and have agreed that they will seriously look into it. They will take this up with senior management so positive action will be planned and executed.

Couple of suggestions that I made which they will seriously consider :

1. Setting up of a quick action center or hotline to address the D4D problem
    a. I will be forwarding to them the numbers of those who are affected and they should get in touch with these owners for possible remedies
    b. Instead of the dealership calling, it will be TMP customer service who will be dedicated to solve the issues

2. Extension of warranty for those beyond three years (just for the supply pump) until they can say that the D4d problem is close to zero

3. They will generate the database from their dealerships of owners who have complained and possibly still awaiting actions

4. Possible Focus Group Discussion with concerned owners and TMP to address common issues

5. They will monitor both FCP and tsikot for other concerns that I have not raised. (btw , I also included the issue on the Innova gas tank)

Meeting adjourned at 1120am

I will keep you posted as they have given me numbers if nothing has been done.

Thank you for your support.
    What happened after the meeting? Have you got any update from TMP?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hello Mile2,

We're having the same issue sa '07 Innova G vvti namin. Biglang nag leak yung gas tank last Monday, 6/14. Dahil closed ang Toyota that day due to holiday, niremedyohan muna sa Sheill Station using epoxy. The next day, dinala na namin sa Toyota kasi meron din syang 100,000 pms. Sabi it's going to cost 20k para sa gas tank and they don't do repairs. Yun butas ng tank is in front of the support strap under the driver seat area.

Outside na rin ng warranty period yung sasakyan last Dec 09. Bale 6mos na sya outside warranty. Kinausap muna namin yung sa warranty department kung pwede pa mai-cover dahil ang lapit lang sa expiration. We're waiting for their answer bago papalitan. Nung nandun kame meron possibility na 30% daw ng cost babayaran namin according sa warranty clerk pero itatanong pa daw nya sa planta. So ngayon nagiintay pa kami ng sagot.

Ok ang history ng innova namin. Lahat ng service intervals and recommendations ng service advisor ay nasusunod. Nung nagsearch ako kung factory defect ang gas tank ng innova dito sa tsikot, lo and behold pareho ang issue natin and naka sticky pa. Nung nakita ko madumi yung filler cap mo na madumi, tinignan ko this morning yung filler cap namin and malinis sya. Sa tingin mo, nilinis nila yon habang nagpa 100k pms kami? There was also a one time na hindi nag automatic shut off yung pump sa shell wasting 15 liters of gasoline. Hindi ko alam kung related ito or sira lang pump sa Shell.

Sana mabigyan nyo ko ng advice on how to handle this with Toyota. Sobrang lake kasi ng 20k kung factory defect naman.

Thank you in advance,

Ed

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    *efive99

Besides the gas tank assembly, you should also have the Charcoal Canister and Filler Cap replaced...otherwise it will recur as per my experience. Twice I had this problem,. and I know how you felt it right now.

If they won't take it as warranty, you can actually have the tank repair at "talyer" but you would still need to buy the replacement Charcoal Canister and Filler Cap.

But if I were you! I will fight for "Factory Defect" claims. Bring a laptop with WiFi and show this thread and pictures to the dealers Custormer Relation Officer and Service Manager and for sure those pictures here would prove that the defect do exist! And I am 100% sure that the dent and crack/leak location is also 100% identical to your gas tank.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    dapat nga palabas ang hangin pag open ng filler cap.

gasoline is relatively volatile substance. vaporized gas is supposed to created positive pressure inside the tank.

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes