New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    pare pareho ba ang mga gastank lid ng lahat ng toyota na sasakyan?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Update on our meeting :

Met with a senior executive of TMP and her group manager at 10am today. Meeting was very cordial as they are very much willing to listen. Showed them the posts here in FCP and in Tsikot and have agreed that they will seriously look into it. They will take this up with senior management so positive action will be planned and executed.

Couple of suggestions that I made which they will seriously consider :

1. Setting up of a quick action center or hotline to address the D4D problem
    a. I will be forwarding to them the numbers of those who are affected and they should get in touch with these owners for possible remedies
    b. Instead of the dealership calling, it will be TMP customer service who will be dedicated to solve the issues

2. Extension of warranty for those beyond three years (just for the supply pump) until they can say that the D4d problem is close to zero

3. They will generate the database from their dealerships of owners who have complained and possibly still awaiting actions

4. Possible Focus Group Discussion with concerned owners and TMP to address common issues

5. They will monitor both FCP and tsikot for other concerns that I have not raised. (btw , I also included the issue on the Innova gas tank)

Meeting adjourned at 1120am

I will keep you posted as they have given me numbers if nothing has been done.

Thank you for your support.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Thank you very much Bong (Fireblade)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i had this problem also. just after my PMS and when Im about to start my car I smelled gasoline. I look underneath to check if that smell is comming from my car, lo and behold! my gas tank is leaking. I told TPT that i brought my unit for PMS and after being serviced nabutas yung tank!!! I have no choice but to leave my unit sa TPT. The next afternoon nakuha ko na sya. thet replaced the canister, cap and the tank. Buti na lang at under warranty! and I need not argue my case with TPT. hopefully di na ito maulit. Imagine the gas tank costs around 20K!

I had owned many cars before (80 corolla, 83 & 87 lancer, 80 & 81 gemini, 88 l300, 89 corolla, 2000 revo pero sa INNOVA lang ako nakaranas ng ganito!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Good for us that we noticed the leaking fuel, but what if we did not notice it?, that it would make us part of the statics with car catching fire while on the road.

If I remember correctly here in tsikot, there are 2 Innova's that went on fire while on the road, one in Ortigas road and one in Bago Bantay.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sir, petrol ba tong mga innova na to?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Mine is Gasoline, VVTi engine.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    nuts. it seems that petrol innovas are the ones prone to this.

am definitely checking our diesel innova this weekend.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    The defective part would either be the "Filler Cap" or the "Charcoal Canister" or both. These two components were not replaced on my first warped gas tank problem.

At the dealer, the service manager and crew disassembled the Filler Cap and found out that the breather holes were clogged with dusty soot like charcoal formation.

See pictures below.

Cloged breather holes exposed after removing the tiny plastic filter mesh.

These are the pictures after cleaning the breather holes and the tiny plastic filter mesh.

Why it was getting clogged with soot like formation was a big question, but certainly there's none written on the owners manual to service this and certainly it was not part of any Toyota PMS recommendation, therefore is was like a ticking bomb.

During my battle in claiming warranty that took almost 2 months, as remedial measure they removed the tiny plastic filter mesh.
    Yesterday, after ng ilan hours ng nakapark ang avanza ko sa shade, I opened the filler cover. narinig ko ang pasok ng air, so parang may partial vacuum sa loob ng gas tank.

Parang same lang ang filler cover ng avanza at innova.

But the filter is clean w/o the black soot as illustrated.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    Yesterday, after ng ilan hours ng nakapark ang avanza ko sa shade, I opened the filler cover. narinig ko ang pasok ng air, so parang may partial vacuum sa loob ng gas tank.

Parang same lang ang filler cover ng avanza at innova.

But the filter is clean w/o the black soot as illustrated.
    According to the owner's manual, it is normal to hear escaping gas when you release the filler cap. What's not normal is when you hear metal popping sound coming from the gas tank.

When I did my 2nd tank replacement, there were also another Innova on the service bay with leaking gas tank. Notably the dent portion and the leak portion is identical to mine. The other Innova on the service bay was also Gasoline variant, I could smell the gasoline fumes and the service crew pull it down and gave it away to a sub con man that I interviewed and the sub con man says it was a backup job and they would seal again the leaky portion

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes