New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    All done.
    Will post photos later for reference.

Changes made by Toyota to the designs
    1. Filler cap. The new filler cap does not have the filter mesh anymore. Also, it is easier to separate from the black housing.
    And the filter cap was really designed to let air in easily. I tested it by sucking/blowing on the cap. but it is hard for the air to go out. i think it really designed this way so the evaporated gasoline cant easily get out but it will be easy to let air in.

2. the new tank has a flange mount on where the tubes are connected.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jepps137 View Post
    All done.
    Will post photos later for reference.

Changes made by Toyota to the designs
    1. Filler cap. The new filler cap does not have the filter mesh anymore. Also, it is easier to separate from the black housing.
    And the filter cap was really designed to let air in easily. I tested it by sucking/blowing on the cap. but it is hard for the air to go out. i think it really designed this way so the evaporated gasoline cant easily get out but it will be easy to let air in.

2. the new tank has a flange mount on where the tubes are connected.
    Bumili ka paps ng bagong filler cap?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Yeah, bought all 3 na eh.

So ang magandang gawin pala, alisin lang yung filter mesh sa lumang filler cap, ok na. tutal inalis naman ng Toyota yung mesh sa bago nilang filler cap.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Iba na ba yung itsura ng bago na filler cap?

How much po yung breakdown? Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I got everything from Toyorama. Best Sunday magpickup, kasi open din sila 9 to 12nn.
    Filler Cap - 1450
    Charcoal Canister - 8080
    Tank - 14670

Anyway, nung sinubukan ko hipan ang charcoal canister, medyo mas mahirap ng kaunti lang hipan yung luma compared sa bago. So I guess yung main culprit talaga dito is yung filler cap na barado.
    *** Remove the filter mesh now ***

Anyway, here are the photos

Old Filler Cap

Filler cap housing removed. Dirty filter mesh shown.

Dirty mesh and Cleaned Mesh

New cap

New Cap has no mesh. Guess the new design does not need it...or they found the cause of the negative pressure.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Even with the dirty mesh bro, I wouldn't think it can hold or push that pressure.....

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Tanks side by side. right one is the new tank. Floater assembly already moved to the new one.

Check out the difference. New tank has flange connection on the ports. Siguro may nasisira din na welds kaya ginawa na lang nilang replaceable.

Leaky tank and a close up. Tank oriented upwards. Upwards is towards the front of the car.

*The strap that holds the tank up is covered with rubber sheet. So the leak was really due to the repeated stress the metal undergoes because of the repeated deflation and inflation of the tank due to the negative pressure. The direction of the hole is even towards inside the tank.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Even with the dirty mesh bro, I wouldn't think it can hold or push that pressure.....
    I tried sucking on the old cap without the filter mesh. mabilis makasipsip ng hangin. I noticed the same feel when sucking on the new cap.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Mapag ipunan na nga yang ganyang cap..

Yan nga yung bago, based sa ToyoDIY.

New filler cap. 77300-52030 (08/2008 - )

Old filler cap. 77300-28010 (08/2004 - )

10. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jepps137 View Post

Tanks side by side. right one is the new tank. Floater assembly already moved to the new one.

Check out the difference. New tank has flange connection on the ports. Siguro may nasisira din na welds kaya ginawa na lang nilang replaceable.

Leaky tank and a close up. Tank oriented upwards. Upwards is towards the front of the car.

*The strap that holds the tank up is covered with rubber sheet. So the leak was really due to the repeated stress the metal undergoes because of the repeated deflation and inflation of the tank due to the negative pressure. The direction of the hole is even towards inside the tank.
    Wala naman nag bago sa design nung tanks, yung mga ports lang ginawa nilang flange. I think the reason behind is mas madali sa manufacturing side ang bolt on compared sa weld.

Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes