New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    nic all in all naka magkano ka? glad to hear that you had your ride fixed already.
    The price of the canister + fuel cap sa toyorama and the Additional P2500 kasama na labor and welding and kabit ng canister and cap po ma'am kristine

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kristine123 View Post

Ganito ang porma ng bagong filler cap Sir Mile no? kaso lang di tayo sure kung mag fit sa 2005 Innova. Mas ok sana ang ganito kasi Nag improved na ang style. Baka kasi ang old style filler cap natin di tatagal papalitan na naman.

Sana sa next meeting ng Innova Club mag try kayo kung mag fit ba ang bagong fuel cap sa 2005 Innova.
    Ma'am kristine fyi po hindi po ganyan ang nabili kong fuel cap..the same as the old one

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy a second hand Gasoline Innova, I cannot find the pictures of the defective gas tank in this thread anymore. Can someone please repost it, or send me a link to it, or even PM me so I can look for it when I go searching for my ride? thanks so much.

BTW, if you guys know anyone selling his/her gasoline innova at a good price, please PM me as well. Thanks so much.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    This is interesting and am wondering why it seems this has not been fully addressed by TMP since it is a common problem.

I had the same bad experience of defective or faulty design of the Innova tank just this week... a small leak developed all of a sudden overnight in my Innova gas tank, as far as I know, nothing touched my gas tank to have caused that leak ... i brought the car to TMP for service only to be told that the whole tank with its attachments to be replaced completely for P30000. Then i checked the internet for solutions to find out that this problem is being posted widely in the internet. I agree this should be brought to the attention of Toyota just to remedy their faulty design/factory defect as part of their customer relations. A recall is really justified to satisfactorily service their loyal customers! Am now embarrassed with some friends who i convinced buying Innova since I got this in 2006. So until this is addressed, I will actively dissuade any INNOVA interested buyer from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Here's another problem with Innova gas tank and I knew Toyota Phils. knows this problem and still keeping their silence.

Here in Tsikot, there are already a lot of owners who do experience this problem not just once but twice or three times during the warranty period. But some like me have shoulder the cost of replacing it because I'm not aware that this is due to faulty design and components.

Here's my first gas tank, replaced using my Insurance claim and paid for my participation. Toyota only replaced my gas tank assembly.

Then after less than 9 months, the gas tank again warped on the same spot. This time I already knew that this is a real defect from components and negative pressure build up is flipping my gas tank floor inward, I tried opening the gas filler cap and instantaneously a loud flipping sound of metal from the gas tank could be heard. This explains the cracks and fuel leak, the constant flipping out and flipping in of gas tank floor weakens the cornered portion of the gas tank just beneath the front strap.

Here's the picture of my second gas tank, claimed under warranty that took me around 2 months to battle my claims with TMP. See how deep the the dent on the gas tank floor due to negative pressure. Together with replacing my gas tank, TMP also replaced my Charcoal Canister assembly and Filler Cap. I'm still hoping it won't happen again

Picture of warped gas tank showing how large is the dent due to negative pressure.

Other owners who experienced this, just show up and be counted, and to other owners who will experience this and your unit is still under warranty, be firm to claim it under warranty as this is really due to faulty components.

To the moderators, please have this thread sticky to warn others and to let them know that they should claim it under warranty.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    *meinard.rivera

Sir mukhang silent ang toyota regarding this matter.
    its been a month since your last post, how's your gas tank sir? you had it repaired or replaced?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    *meinard.rivera

Sir mukhang silent ang toyota regarding this matter.
    its been a month since your last post, how's your gas tank sir? you had it repaired or replaced?
    vvti din ba tsikot natin sir? musta gas tank mo?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kristine123 View Post
    vvti din ba tsikot natin sir? musta gas tank mo?
    Hello ms. kristine!

yup vvti, A/T 2006 G.

so far okay naman na, replaced my charcoal canister but i haven't replaced my filler cap.
    Sana hindi na maulit yun defects. How about your ride? musta na?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    when I had the ATF replaced, (2006G vvti 2nd owner)the other day, upon raising the Vehicle, then ko lang na notice that there is a big dent (papasok) on the front bottom portion of the tank and also a considerable warping (front to rear direction) on the tank protector/guard. I wonder if this is the same gas tank woes or because of the impact which caused the tank guard warping. Baka kasi coincident lang but really due to the now-known-gas tank defect. I havent noticed any leak though and hope due to impact lang, (hay!) and the sound of tank going back to "undent normal state". I have been observing the tank (now and then) and its still on same dented state.

Btw I also noticed the sound of air going in after the opening of the cover when it was tightly sealed. Is it safe or do I need to keep the tank cover or filler cap a little loose para walang excess vacuum to happen.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nujsimon View Post
    when I had the ATF replaced, (2006G vvti 2nd owner)the other day, upon raising the Vehicle, then ko lang na notice that there is a big dent (papasok) on the front bottom portion of the tank and also a considerable warping (front to rear direction) on the tank protector/guard. I wonder if this is the same gas tank woes or because of the impact which caused the tank guard warping. Baka kasi coincident lang but really due to the now-known-gas tank defect. I havent noticed any leak though and hope due to impact lang, (hay!) and the sound of tank going back to "undent normal state". I have been observing the tank (now and then) and its still on same dented state.

Btw I also noticed the sound of air going in after the opening of the cover when it was tightly sealed. Is it safe or do I need to keep the tank cover or filler cap a little loose para walang excess vacuum to happen.
    welcome to the club sir! give it a month or two magkakaron na ng leak yan.
    same experiencei had i thought dahil lang sa impact pero if you read back from this thread you can't say its just a coincidence.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Hello ms. kristine!

yup vvti, A/T 2006 G.

so far okay naman na, replaced my charcoal canister but i haven't replaced my filler cap.
    Sana hindi na maulit yun defects. How about your ride? musta na?
    i did not replace my charcoal canister and filler cap... inayos ko lang ang spring ng filler cap almost half ang pinutol ko para madaling papasok ang air kung need ng Gas tank. Para di mag WARP so far so good naman. no more warping.

Quote Originally Posted by nujsimon View Post

dapat gawan mo ng paraan bago lalaki ang gastos mo sa gastank pag mag leak yan....

Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes