New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nicnoc View Post
    Ma'am kristine, yes toyorama deals with original toyota parts. Please look for sir kenneth. I actually waited for the cap and canister to be delivered on the shop and a van with a print on the side came to a stop. It said toyota manila bay so i was assured it was orig and they called them for the parts requested.

As for my tiktik sound on the new canister..it is non-existent after replacing the old canister.
    Nice nakapagpalit na thats good. So mas mura pala benta ng TMBC pag sa shops nagbenta?
    dun kasi ako nag inquire 9500 charge nila saken if dun ako bibili..
    magkano ulit bili mo sa toyorama?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Baka in good shape pa ang Charcoal Canister mo. Sakin nun prior ko magka leak rinig mo talaga tiktik sound..
    Thanks for this important input bro.,- I'll be on the lookout....

16.4K:bond:

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Nice nakapagpalit na thats good. So mas mura pala benta ng TMBC pag sa shops nagbenta?
    dun kasi ako nag inquire 9500 charge nila saken if dun ako bibili..
    magkano ulit bili mo sa toyorama?
    TOYORAMA P7,700 CHARCOAL CANISTER : (77704 -0K010)
    TOYORAMA P1,380.00 FUEL CAP : (77300 - 28010)

Another thing, I am running full tank again

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Just Sharing my experience today....

i saw my gas tank warp kanina after driving to the mall... Tama si Sir Mile parang sinuntok and i panic... i open the fuel cap and wooooooooooooooeeessss i heard the air going in to my gas tank... after that i saw my gas tank back to normal. After that di ko sinarado maayos ang fuel caps para di mag warp ulit ang tank ko.

i usually heard fast tiktik sound at my charcoal canister after driving.... and now nong di ko sinarado maayos ang fuel cap... i heard no tiktik sound anymore at my charcoal canister....

is it the fuel cap had a problem or the charcoal canister? gas tank can't get air from outside?

how does a fuel cap works?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Wow,- mukhang nagiging vacuum ang loob ng gas tank... Kasi, the normal experience with gasoline vehicles nowadays is you hear air coming out of the gas tank. This is my experience with our Innova and our 09 Honda car...

Would it help if you close your fuel cap with just one click, as suggested by the manual, Sis? Or, are you doing that already?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Would it help if you close your fuel cap with just one click, as suggested by the manual, Sis? Or, are you doing that already?

I did the one click as suggested by the manual... i'm the one closing the fuel cap pag nag pa gas ako.

i think the manual is wrong... dapat ilagay nila doon "NO CLICK". at yun ang ginagawa ko as of now.

Biglaan ang pag warp ng gas tank ko Sir CVT... last month nag pa align me, change oil etc... sunod sunod na araw araw ang pag check ko sa gas tank... and no sign of warping. last 5 days ago medyo may nakita akong konting dent malapit sa belt ng gas tank at yun na ang sign. Kung 2005 model ng Innova mo Sir i think dapat palitan mo na kahit fuel cap lang muna. I think it took 1 day of full driving, mabubutas na gas tank mo.

ito ang problema ko ngayon... i'm in the province at no choice ako sa CASA lang ang meron nito.

Pa request naman Sir Nic Picture sa OLD Fuel Cap at yung New Fuel Cap mo...at the breather hole...
    Try ko muna i order ang Caps muna then i will observed...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Filler Cap is cleanable and can be restored, you'll just need to use 2 small screwdrivers to skewed the snap in top and bottom caps and inside is the breather hole mesh filter. I can't remember if the filter mesh was Plastic or Stainless Steel but it should be around #100-200 filtration holes. If the filter mesh is filled with soot like dirt then it is one of the cause of negative vacuum on the gas tank.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kristine123 View Post
    Just Sharing my experience today....

i saw my gas tank warp kanina after driving to the mall... Tama si Sir Mile parang sinuntok and i panic... i open the fuel cap and wooooooooooooooeeessss i heard the air going in to my gas tank... after that i saw my gas tank back to normal. After that di ko sinarado maayos ang fuel caps para di mag warp ulit ang tank ko.

i usually heard fast tiktik sound at my charcoal canister after driving.... and now nong di ko sinarado maayos ang fuel cap... i heard no tiktik sound anymore at my charcoal canister....

is it the fuel cap had a problem or the charcoal canister? gas tank can't get air from outside?

how does a fuel cap works?
    Woah! for real? after opening the filler cap the tank went back to normal shape again?.. Sa past experience ko everytime i open ko yun filler cap after a long drive PALABAS YUNG HANGIN, hindi papasok sa gas tank. I never experienced na papasok yun hangin.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Filler Cap is cleanable and can be restored, you'll just need to use 2 small screwdrivers to skewed the snap in top and bottom caps and inside is the breather hole mesh filter. I can't remember if the filter mesh was Plastic or Stainless Steel but it should be around #100-200 filtration holes. If the filter mesh is filled with soot like dirt then it is one of the cause of negative vacuum on the gas tank.
    wil try this later, hindi naman kumplikado kalasin at ibalik sir mile2?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Woah! for real? after opening the filler cap the tank went back to normal shape again?.. Sa past experience ko everytime i open ko yun filler cap after a long drive PALABAS YUNG HANGIN, hindi papasok sa gas tank. I never experienced na papasok yun hangin.
    yes papasok ang hangin, since the gas tank is warping syempre kelangan nya ng hangin.

Pag lumobo ang gas tank mo may lalabas na hangin (PRESSURE).

Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes