New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 95 of 357 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    1.6V sideskirts look good.

Yung rims naman, personal preference yan. You like it, some don't. So suggestion lang naman. :-)

Pero definitely you should ditch the tilting plate holder and the CF sticker. Sana kung totoong CF siya diba.

If you already have proper lowering springs and not putol, I don't see any reason on why should you change it. If you find the ride too bumpy, try installing O-sulee spring cushions. I've heard they're effective.
    Yes Renzo i think ok yun spring ko di yun putol yun orig spring ko tinago ko, siguro pwede ko na rin pakulayan yun rims ko.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bulcom View Post
    Wow! like like like! Hehe.

Ganito rin lang gusto ko, yun front chin lang pala di ko type hehe. Sorry if mali tanong ko ha, ano size nun tire nya parang ganyan din lang kanipis gusto ko eh, and Smoked headlamps pano ginagawa yun?

Pasensya na ha dami tanong wala lang kasi talaga ako alam and gusto ko lang din isetup ng konti sasakyan ko.
    Check mo nalang sa Clifford Body Kits kung ano gusto mo chin.

That's not an actual setup, I just Photoshopped the chin, rims and headlamps onto our stock Altis 2.0V. That would roughly be the equivalent of 18" rims. Ang 18" tires na similar sa circumference ng stock 205/55 R16 tires ng Altis ay 225/40 R18.

For smoked headlamps, you can ask the folks at Banawe to do it for you, or pwede rin kay sir garyq kung magpapaprojector retrofit ka.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    *bulcom
    My ideal setup for an Altis would be something like this:

- XRS OEM front chin
    - PhDM OEM side skirts
    - Smoked headlamps w/ amber turn signal indicators
    - 18" Gunmetal Grey Volk TE37 SL (mahal nito sobra, so realistically I'd be going for either Rota IKR or Katana RZ5)
    - 1-2" lowering springs

I believe a set-up like that would still look good even in a silver Altis like yours
    Baka hindi naman orig yan, taiwan lang.

EDIT: Photoshopped pala.

Pero yun nga, may Taiwan made Rota TE37 SL naman.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    *bulcom: Actually, with your rims being blacked out mostly, it's hard to say. If i owned that though, i would lose the tilting plate holder, CF sticker and repaint the tires at the very least to a metallic or matte silver shade. Try also color keying the rear ducktail and front grille (or maybe get the mesh grille from the 2.0V model).

The tire size seems fine; with that you don't have much fender gap too. No sayad problems?

This is soooo me. :D Nung bata, ayaw ng may driver. Naiinis pag pinapasama sa driver. Now, i want a driver and when i ride with a driver, gusto ko yung driver na maingat hindi masyado mabilis magpatakbo (steady lang sa road and tama magdiskarte). Before, i always chose to use a driver na alam ko mabilis mag-drive.
    These are the times na tamad ka na mag park sa mga malls or mga offices hehe. And hirap magpatakbo kung traffic both Edsa and C5 at the same time. Better to invest in good sound system na lng para relax. How does the Altis ride in comparison to Elantra?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Buti nalang I have office parking. :D But for the malls, i really make it a point to go early if it's a weekend just so i don't stress myself out looking for parking. That's why i prefer spending my weekends in the province if i want to go malling. Light traffic, free parking and i have a choice of SM, Robinsons and Ayala Malls (this is in Pampanga). Outlet stores pa yung iba so it's discounted.

I don't know how the new Elantra rides but i'm expecting it to be more driver oriented (firmer) vis-a-vis the 'Rolla.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    How does the Altis ride in comparison to Elantra?
    By ride, what exactly do you mean? If it's ride comfort, I'd say they're about equal. Well, the Elantra lets you feel the road more (which is bad for older people with sensitive backs on the way home from a long day at work), but it's not as awful as the FD's rock hard seats.

If it's the experience inside the two cars though, the Elantra really takes the cake. It just feels more upscale. The Altis 1.6V may have more toys, but the interior design and space of the Elantra GLS makes you feel like you're in a car worth more than you paid for. However, if you're looking for something that isolates you from the stresses of the outside world, the Elantra doesn't come close to the zen feeling that the Altis has.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    By ride, what exactly do you mean? If it's ride comfort, I'd say they're about equal. Well, the Elantra lets you feel the road more (which is bad for older people with sensitive backs on the way home from a long day at work), but it's not as awful as the FD's rock hard seats.

If it's the experience inside the two cars though, the Elantra really takes the cake. It just feels more upscale. The Altis 1.6V may have more toys, but the interior design and space of the Elantra GLS makes you feel like you're in a car worth more than you paid for. However, if you're looking for something that isolates you from the stresses of the outside world, the Elantra doesn't come close to the zen feeling that the Altis has.
    Then Altis wins this round for me. Not really a fan of road hugging cars unless I live in places with good roads.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd definitely choose the Altis over the Elantra. You cant go wrong with Toyota. Sure Advantage when it comes to Reliability, Durability, Fuel Economy, and resale value

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd definitely choose the Altis over the Elantra. You cant go wrong with Toyota. Sure Advantage when it comes to Reliability, Durability, Fuel Economy, and resale value
    It'd be weird if a Toyota salesman advocated that the Elantra is better than the Altis

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    before I bought the 10th gen, I was really looking for an exciting driver's car. I test drove the FD, the hyundai i30, and the focus. But when I test drove the altis, I realized that what I wanted all along was a "numb", secluded, and comfy car (epiphany kumbaga). factoring in the fuel economy (FC of focus was horrible) and future maintenance costs the the altis was the clear winner.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]