New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 96 of 357 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I guess that's the word for me as well - epiphany, when we decided to try Toyota again with this 10.5 gen Altis. when we got home from the dealer I sort of had a moment inside the car, hehe. pero parang nag set-in narin yung edad ko for that matter.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    It'd be weird if a Toyota salesman advocated that the Elantra is better than the Altis
    Haha. Panalo yun kung nag recommend si salesman ng ibang brand. :1stplace:

With more comfortable (daddy cars), i'm usually more relaxed and less susceptible to getting pissed on the road. My wife noticed this just recently since i alternate cars during the weekday between the gen 9.5 and 10.5 Altis while i still don't have my plates.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    It'd be weird if a Toyota salesman advocated that the Elantra is better than the Altis
    haha even IF I weren't from Toyota, I'd still go for the Altis. Never really a fan of the Elantra... But match it with the Civic? I'd go with the straight H this time hehe. btw, I drive a GM City & a Civic FD. hehe

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcats View Post
    haha even IF I weren't from Toyota, I'd still go for the Altis. Never really a fan of the Elantra... But match it with the Civic? I'd go with the straight H this time hehe. btw, I drive a GM City & a Civic FD. hehe
    When I met you earlier I thought you were driving a Benz. :hysterical:

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    They should make a comparo on Altis, Elantra, Cruze, new Civic and Sentra 200. I saw plenty of Cruze when it was launched, but lately I don't see much of it.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    People aren't just willing to gamble with the Chevrolet brand. I myself wouldn't. Family had an Optra and although it did drive and ride well, the maintenance was just a pain in the ass. :hammer:

IMO TMPI should've continued selling the 1.8V and discontinued the 1.6V instead. Pambato man lang sa 1.8L Civic and 1.8L Cruze, mate it with a 5 or 6 speed AT and it would be a winner.

Sayang.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Feeling ko kasi yung market naman na bumibili ng Altis, mas pinaprioritize ang fuel efficiency over outright performance. The 1.6 Altis, even when paired with an AT, is about 2 km/L more fuel efficient than the Cruze and Civic. That's big. A transmission change is probably enough - it made the 2.0 3ZR-FE 1 km/L more fuel efficient. If they can do that to the current 1ZR-FE, edi kasing tipid na yun ng Vios 1.5 AT.

I believe that the 1.8V was discontinued because for those looking for bigger engines, hindi rin macoconvince ng Toyota na bumili ng 1.8L TOTL sedan when other manufacturers have 2.0 liter engines fitted on their TOTL compacts.

A lot of people say that the Cruze is a better comfort-oriented compact than the Altis, but if I had to choose between the two, Altis pa rin ako. The Cruze is bigger and has better handling without compromising ride quality, but it also has a thirsty 1.8L engine and a slow automatic. At least yung Altis kahit mabagal yung tranny, matipid naman. Then there's the Elantra - anyone who's daring enough to try something other than Toyota and Honda will almost always be swayed towards the Elantra, shoving backstage the likes of the Cruze, Lancer EX and Sentra 200.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Wow, it's been a year since I last visited the thread. Buti buhay pa hehe. Help guys, I need your opinions regarding my altis '09. For the past month, I've been having noise problems coming from the front wheels of the car. It's like a squealing sound (parang nagkikiskisan na bakal) whenever I pass through potholes and humps. I had it checked by my trusted mechanic. The diagnosis was that the lower ball joint may have already worn out. So I had it changed although the part was not genuine. For a while nawala ang tunog pero nung sinabak ko na sa edsa, ayun nanaman. Parang lumala pa nga ang kondisyon kasi tumigas din ang talbog ng gulong at may "thud" sound na. So dumiretso na ko sa Toyota Pasig para ipa-check ulit. Sabi nila, I can keep the non-genuine ball joints but they recommend replacing my shock absorbers. Wow ang bigat nun sa bulsa. Gusto ko muna sana itanong dito kung yun na kaya ang solusyon? Help guys, baka mayroon dito naka-experience na. TIA!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If there's a "thud" sound when the car hits dips then it may be the shocks. Have you done a bounce test? On the metal to metal contact, try checking also the spring and shock insulation (if there's any on the Altis 10th gen).

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    You can not avail the OEM shocks but avail an aftermarket one instead. KYB brand. Just see which of the two is cheaper.

You can check out Toyorama in Banawe if they have an available shock for your ZZ.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]