New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 53 of 357 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    hi guys, 10th gen pre facelifted 1.6g owner here, me naka experience po ba sa inyo body static electricity sa inyong unit? Everytime i get out , when my hand touches the door handle or any parts of the car's body, nakukuryente (static) ako. its embarrassing at times, imagine yourself getting out of your car and in the process bigla kang mag jerk because na kuryente ka

any tips, suggestion or diy remedy for this? does it have something to do with the paint? (metallic beige) toyota iloilo told me theres no problem with the car's electrical/wiring system, neither did they experience it when they tested it. thanks in advance guys.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hugobo View Post
    hi guys, 10th gen pre facelifted 1.6g owner here, me naka experience po ba sa inyo body static electricity sa inyong unit? Everytime i get out , when my hand touches the door handle or any parts of the car's body, nakukuryente (static) ako. its embarrassing at times, imagine yourself getting out of your car and in the process bigla kang mag jerk because na kuryente ka

any tips, suggestion or diy remedy for this? does it have something to do with the paint? (metallic beige) toyota iloilo told me theres no problem with the car's electrical/wiring system, neither did they experience it when they tested it. thanks in advance guys.
    same here... especially my wife. she goes out first to open the gate, when she touches the door... zzzt!

i don't know if its an indicator of something... but let's just wait for other tsikoteer's comments.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ^ Ganun din yung lumang EK Civic namin. But only after nagstart na ikalikot yung electrical systems.

Performed any electrical modifications lately? (Horn, etc)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    re: body static electricity

guys, no modifications were made on my unit, everything is stock. bat ganun nalang kalakas ng static electricity nya..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Na experience ko na din to, pero minsan lang, mas madalas wife ko. Malamang static electricity nga yan. Obserbahan mo kung anong klase shoes suot mo pag na-shock ka. Depende kasi sa type ng shoes na kumikiskis sa carpet yata...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Static is partially due to the weather and partially due to the tires on the car. Some of these high-silica "fuel-saving" tire compounds really increase static shock.

(That's why I never get shocked on my car... the Advan Neovas are anything BUT fuel-saving).

Above response was a flimsy excuse to post my review:

2011 Toyota Corolla Altis 2.0V
    Version 2.0... Upgrade Complete

http://www.bigbigcar.com/boards/defa...m=44663&#44663

And power there is aplenty. Despite the on-board computer softening power delivery when starting off in first gear (likely to preserve the transmission), the car scoots to 100 km/h in just over 9 seconds, quicker than everything else in the class bar the Focus diesel.

Despite this excess of pace, the Corolla’s economy is commendable. The CVT helps the Altis 2.0 achieve much better fuel economy than the previous model. We got 10-12 km/l on the highway and 7-8 km/l in the city, where we would get a dismal 6 km/l in the old car with the four-speed auto.

Also much improved from the previous Corolla are the oily bits underneath. Steering and stability are much better than before, with less dive, squat and roll.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    ^ Ganun din yung lumang EK Civic namin. But only after nagstart na ikalikot yung electrical systems.

Performed any electrical modifications lately? (Horn, etc)
    No wala pa, bone stock pa. my wife says she even sees a tiny spark when she gets zapped...

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    No wala pa, bone stock pa. my wife says she even sees a tiny spark when she gets zapped...
    Sir, are you using the casa provided seat cover? if yes, I suggest you get it washed and ensure it is treated with ample fabric softener

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Static is partially due to the weather and partially due to the tires on the car. Some of these high-silica "fuel-saving" tire compounds really increase static shock.

(That's why I never get shocked on my car... the Advan Neovas are anything BUT fuel-saving).

Above response was a flimsy excuse to post my review:

2011 Toyota Corolla Altis 2.0V
    Version 2.0... Upgrade Complete

http://www.bigbigcar.com/boards/defa...m=44663&#44663
    Nice review, Niky

Damn I want one, mahal nga lang

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by UUE213 View Post
    Sir, are you using the casa provided seat cover? if yes, I suggest you get it washed and ensure it is treated with ample fabric softener
    yes actually... thanks for the tip.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]