New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 135 of 348 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 3473
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    571
    #1341
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    You can get it from Speedlab for 30k.
    Altis AE140 (2008-present)
    thanks for the input sir jut

  2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,011
    #1342
    Quote Originally Posted by tribal View Post
    question po again.yung stock battery po ba ng 10th gen ay 1sm o 2sm?may nakita kasi ako dito sa forum regarding amaron and planning to try it.nagtanung ako dun sa nagbebenta nun thru phone lng ang sabi ay 1sm lang daw un.
    Stock battery is 1SM.

  3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    201
    #1343
    ok.thanks.possible ba to upgrade to 2sm without modifying the bracket?

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43,128
    #1344
    Quote Originally Posted by tribal View Post
    ok.thanks.possible ba to upgrade to 2sm without modifying the bracket?
    you will have to check your bracket for this. some brackets have a specific size that will fit.. others have one size fits all.. at any rate, brackets are cheap. baka nga mahingi mo lang ito sa battery store, e.
    but you will have to check the battery platform (yung papatungan). you might have to modify it to fit a larger battery..
    Last edited by dr. d; November 29th, 2012 at 11:08 PM.

  5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    17,335
    #1345
    Quote Originally Posted by tribal View Post
    ok.thanks.possible ba to upgrade to 2sm without modifying the bracket?
    I don't see any need to go for a bigger battery though. As long as your electrical system operating properly and you don't have a habit of running things with the engine off then the stock battery is fine.

  6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    138
    #1346
    hey guys looking to get an Altis 1.6V early next yr... hoping to get your inputs...

    how the performance?
    Fuel efficiency?

    thanks!

  7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,011
    #1347
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I don't see any need to go for a bigger battery though. As long as your electrical system operating properly and you don't have a habit of running things with the engine off then the stock battery is fine.
    Speaking of batteries, my battery conked out the second time this month. Unlike last time though, it was completely drained this time around. Thankfully a random Escape passing by was nice enough to let me use my jumper cables on his car. Hassle pag automatic tapos push-button.

    I was just on the side of the road with my hazard lights on, waiting for my companions. I fell asleep for about half an hour, and left the hazard lights on. When I tried to start the engine, wala na. My battery's less than 2 years old, but it probably needs replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by boogie18 View Post
    hey guys looking to get an Altis 1.6V early next yr... hoping to get your inputs...

    how the performance?
    Fuel efficiency?

    thanks!
    Performance is adequate (powerful enough for strutting about in the city, and could take on highway speeds easily). I don't have first hand info on fuel efficiency but a lot of Altis 1.6 AT owners get over 9 km/L. Main selling point of the Altis is that it's really comfortable and provides you with worry-free ownership.

  8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,011
    #1348
    I recorded my best FC ever today!



    I know, 12.3 km/L isn't anything to write home about, and a Vios could easily achieve it in city driving, but given that I'm currently averaging 6.5 km/L in the city, this is leaps and bounds better for me. Took this as I was about to exit the NLEX, where I was going at around 120-150 for the most part. On one stretch wherein the traffic restricted me to 100 kph, the reading improved rapidly, which probably means that I could get 13-14 km/L if I keep within the speed limit.

    This eventually dropped to 10.2 km/L by the time I got home, thanks to the wide open SCTEX. Just for kicks, I took note of the instantaneous reading of the MID at various speeds:

    120 kph - 6.6 km/L
    140 kph - 6.0 km/L
    160 kph - 5.5 km/L
    180 kph - 5.2 km/L
    190 kph - 5.2 km/L

    I also took notice of the instantaneous reading when I let go of the pedal and just coast at around 100 kph. Oddly, with the car in D, the reading shows roughly 40 km/L. When in N though, the reading goes up to 85 km/L. I was always under the impression that it should be more economical to keep it in Drive since the transmission should automatically trigger DFCO and consume virtually no fuel.

  9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51
    #1349
    Quote Originally Posted by boogie18 View Post
    hey guys looking to get an Altis 1.6V early next yr... hoping to get your inputs...

    how the performance?
    Fuel efficiency?

    thanks!
    sir boogie, as a prefacelifted 1.6v owner, the performance is ok. for me, hindi ka iibitin sa highway. sa traffic naman, ok din.

    sa fuel effieciency, 8.2km/l ang pinamababa sa short trips. yung tipong 3-5 km lang tinatakbo, tapos inaabot ka pa ng more than 30 minutes dahil sa traffic bago ka dumating sa pupuntahan mong place. sa long drive naman po, kayang ma-achieve ang 14+km/l kapag hindi hataw mode. mga 80-90 km/hr lang ang takbo.

    pero kung ang kukunin nio po ay yung current model, baka po mas matipid kasi dual vvti na, kasi ang unit kong gamit hindi pa dual vvti.

  10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    445
    #1350
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I recorded my best FC ever today!



    I know, 12.3 km/L isn't anything to write home about, and a Vios could easily achieve it in city driving, but given that I'm currently averaging 6.5 km/L in the city, this is leaps and bounds better for me. Took this as I was about to exit the NLEX, where I was going at around 120-150 for the most part. On one stretch wherein the traffic restricted me to 100 kph, the reading improved rapidly, which probably means that I could get 13-14 km/L if I keep within the speed limit.

    This eventually dropped to 10.2 km/L by the time I got home, thanks to the wide open SCTEX. Just for kicks, I took note of the instantaneous reading of the MID at various speeds:

    120 kph - 6.6 km/L
    140 kph - 6.0 km/L
    160 kph - 5.5 km/L
    180 kph - 5.2 km/L
    190 kph - 5.2 km/L

    I also took notice of the instantaneous reading when I let go of the pedal and just coast at around 100 kph. Oddly, with the car in D, the reading shows roughly 40 km/L. When in N though, the reading goes up to 85 km/L. I was always under the impression that it should be more economical to keep it in Drive since the transmission should automatically trigger DFCO and consume virtually no fuel.
    Dont base it on the display,manual computation dapat. At learn how to obey the speed limit.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]