New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 131 of 357 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by d_rookie12 View Post
    thanks jut703! I really appreciate your post. Would you happen to have an idea how much the xenon bulbs cost now? Also, any plans of changing your fog lamps?
    I haven't had to replace my bulbs yet so I can't answer with competence regarding the price of bulbs. I did do a quick search on Sulit for D4S bulbs though, and found a pair of OEM Philips 4300K 35W HID bulbs for 3.5k.

As for my fogs, I have plans of changing it to all-weather fogs, but only when the current ones conk out.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    hi Masters! ano po mai recomend nyo na "upgrades" for a stock Altis '10? im already thinking of replacing the mags.
    also hid retrofit. baka po may mai suggest kayo. TIA!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    It depends to your liking. The direction for mods is usually driven between looks and performance.

You could start choosing body kits and spoilers for sporty looks. Or you can also include a choice of rims and tires if budget is not an issue.

Some goes for performance mods by investing on lowering springs, strut bars and air filters for an enhanced day to day driving experience.

Your choice...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I have a quick question for those who are driving a gen10.5. Has anyone here tried the TRD high flow air filter for corolla's in the u.s? Not too sure which part number to use that could be common or equivalent for our altis locally.

Tried contacting various TRD stores but always end up stuck with invalid VIN when asked by their advisors.

Any help will be appreciated. Cheers.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bobzy View Post
    hi Masters! ano po mai recomend nyo na "upgrades" for a stock Altis '10? im already thinking of replacing the mags.
    also hid retrofit. baka po may mai suggest kayo. TIA!
    If I were to start modding my Altis, I'd go for a unichip, intake, headers, and stabilizer bar. Then probably rims and lowering springs.

Oh, but before all that, an aux-in port. Stupid 10th gen (not 10.5) doesn't have it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by myCOROLLA_ALTIS View Post
    I have a quick question for those who are driving a gen10.5. Has anyone here tried the TRD high flow air filter for corolla's in the u.s? Not too sure which part number to use that could be common or equivalent for our altis locally.

Tried contacting various TRD stores but always end up stuck with invalid VIN when asked by their advisors.

Any help will be appreciated. Cheers.
    A few pages back i posted the K&N part number of the filter i bought from Amazon.com. The local Altis ZR engine uses the same filter as that in the US as the K&N i bought fit right in (also on our 2008 Vios 1.3L, it will fit).

On modding one's Altis, it depends on the priorities. I for now already found affection for a softer suspension ride that's why i stuck with the Altis purchase from the start instead of the firmer Civic and Elantra. If i have the budget, i will go for a Unichip upgrade and FR/RR lower bars on top of the drop-in K&N i now have. For rims, i just got an aftermarket set of 17s on 215/50R17 tires and the look suits me fine (most go for 215/45R17 and it seems to leave an ugly gap if they're using stock springs).

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    buti pa dito gumagalaw ang thread.

the other board is practically dead.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    anyone here who knows someone who's selling a panel spacer (altis 10.5) for a 2-din pioneer headunit?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Interesting thing happened today. I accidentally left my map lights on overnight, and as a result, my battery got drained. I only noticed this morning as the car failed to start even after pressing the start button several times. Out of some stroke of dumb luck, after pressing hard on my 6th try, the car started so I didn't have to bring out my jumper cables.

The fun part is, my ECU seemed to reset itself after this ordeal. The car seemed to be more peppy, as it now downshifts without me having to press on the paddle shifters. Previously, it kept itself under 3k no matter how much I mashed the pedal, even in S-mode.

I guess the Altis isn't that lifeless on its own after all.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Interesting thing happened today. I accidentally left my map lights on overnight, and as a result, my battery got drained. I only noticed this morning as the car failed to start even after pressing the start button several times. Out of some stroke of dumb luck, after pressing hard on my 6th try, the car started so I didn't have to bring out my jumper cables.

The fun part is, my ECU seemed to reset itself after this ordeal. The car seemed to be more peppy, as it now downshifts without me having to press on the paddle shifters. Previously, it kept itself under 3k no matter how much I mashed the pedal, even in S-mode.

I guess the Altis isn't that lifeless on its own after all.
    maybe you gave it a taste of the italian tune-up.. heh heh.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]