New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 90 of 138 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    I reckon I need to adjust the camber and alignment when I change wheels right?

Sigh. Musta na kaya processing ng Toyota Bgc sa or cr sa LTO.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokedmd View Post

not really. tires and wheels have nothing to do with camber and alignment.... unless your rims are out of whack.
    but it is a worthwhile idea to do so, especially if you haven't checked it for quite some time.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002

no need to align if your car is brand spanking new and all is well when you test it our of the CASA.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    I can get the car tomorrow, and Toyota Pasig is willing to give me a good deal on the Fortuner V 18 rims. Question now is, san tyre shop okay and what brand and size?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I can get the car tomorrow, and Toyota Pasig is willing to give me a good deal on the Fortuner V 18 rims. Question now is, san tyre shop okay and what brand and size?
    What is your budget for tyres? Are you looking for new or second hand?

For the budget side, I'm using Achilles 20 inch HTs on my pick-up and at 23,000kms they still perform well even in the rain and on wet surfaces. Road noise has increased after i passed 20,000kms but it is still bearable. Put the Hilux in power mode though and hit the gas while turning and you may loose the rear end.

Kumho is a good mid-rage alternative while on the higher side you have Bridgestone, Yokohoma, Michelin and Goodyear.

If i were in your shoes, i'd scour olx and the tyre shops for new tire trade ins first. Try also Grip Guys as i previously mentioned.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    How much? You can get orig 18" V rims and OEM Bridgestone tires for under 50k.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    How much? You can get orig 18" V rims and OEM Bridgestone tires for under 50k.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    I got it. I just changed to Cooper tyres and Tuff Rims. Same dimensions as stock, although the rims are a bit wider at 8. How does this affect handling? Also, the stock steel wheel is ok as an emergency spare in event of a flat, right?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I got it. I just changed to Cooper tyres and Tuff Rims. Same dimensions as stock, although the rims are a bit wider at 8. How does this affect handling? Also, the stock steel wheel is ok as an emergency spare in event of a flat, right?
    No ish on using the smaller spare as Jut pointed out. This is a common practice for those with "space saver" tires.

Wider tyres usually have more benefits than drawbacks. Better handling, more high speed stability, better braking.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Naka two weeks nako. I thought it was PUJ matagtagi. It's more on bouncy. Hahaha. Waiting for my first long drive. Puro work home work home palang ako.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Anybody knows if there is a tailgate lock available in the market? I plan to have a trip-fold installed to facilitate tall cargo loads but it does not have any locks