New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 80 of 138 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Try MaxCover ... it will fully open up ...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_ View Post
    Thanks vinj! Checked it out but I'm not a fan of how it looks and the absence of a locking mechanism. The roller lid still looks a lot nicer for me. Have yet to visit Banawe but based on my online research, the roller lid costs around 35k++, is this correct or medyo mahal/mura? Read in the Mitsu thread though that roller lids do not offer complete protection from water leakages in case it rains.

Do you have other suggestions for bed covers? Also considering the Aeroklas deck cover but maybe it's the last option because (1) it's more expensive; (2) it looks too bulky; and (3) it limits bed use due to its vertical movement (can't have people staying on the bed for beach trips and outdoor barbecues which we do often)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Try MaxCover ... it will fully open up ...
    Yup, try the Maxcover or Topup lids with full vertical lift. You can also consider what I did which is the Carryboy Soft Lid then a lockable utility box mounted inside (try Maxbox or Aeroklas).

The roller lids turn out to be problematic in the long run based on comments over the years that's why I did not go with that.

3. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_ View Post
    Thanks vinj! Checked it out but I'm not a fan of how it looks and the absence of a locking mechanism. The roller lid still looks a lot nicer for me. Have yet to visit Banawe but based on my online research, the roller lid costs around 35k++, is this correct or medyo mahal/mura? Read in the Mitsu thread though that roller lids do not offer complete protection from water leakages in case it rains.

Do you have other suggestions for bed covers? Also considering the Aeroklas deck cover but maybe it's the last option because (1) it's more expensive; (2) it looks too bulky; and (3) it limits bed use due to its vertical movement (can't have people staying on the bed for beach trips and outdoor barbecues which we do often)
    I opted for the roller since I occasionally carry tall items. Carryboy rollerlid costs 30K+ only with warranty if you get it from their shop. There's a cheaper gator roller for around 25K+, just thinner aluminum but does the same job. Get the flat canister design, those are the newer ones. Leaks are minimal if properly sealed, just at the tailgate and under very heavy downpour. Just need proper maintenance, clean the canister every month to avoid leaves and debris build up, and spray lubricant, silicone grease on the railings every week. I've had mine for a few years now and it's holding up fine. Just get the manual version, it's the motorized that has problems.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    I opted for the roller since I occasionally carry tall items. Carryboy rollerlid costs 30K+ only with warranty if you get it from their shop. There's a cheaper gator roller for around 25K+, just thinner aluminum but does the same job. Get the flat canister design, those are the newer ones. Leaks are minimal if properly sealed, just at the tailgate and under very heavy downpour. Just need proper maintenance, clean the canister every month to avoid leaves and debris build up, and spray lubricant, silicone grease on the railings every week. I've had mine for a few years now and it's holding up fine. Just get the manual version, it's the motorized that has problems.
    Good to hear that feedback. Thanks for sharing.

To keep things dry some place grates on the floor or keep plastic containers inside.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hay ang ganda ng pasalubong ng 2017. Stray bullet sa hood.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    Will take note of this sir! Thanks for the input!

Really planning to get the manual version to avoid future problems in the motors of the automated one.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Roller lids are a hassle and costly to maintain ... use this option as a last resort ... most people won't have the time nor exert the effort to regularly lean and maintain the roller lid mechanism ...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Sobrang problematic yung roller lids from Carryboy. Yung pinsan ko 1 year lang leaking na yung water kaya half-opened nalang. Kaya he recommended me to just put canopy pero limited nga lang vertically yung pwede ilagay.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Dang. Was already leaning towards the roller lids but now I gotta reconsider. Doesn't Carryboy have a warranty to cover for defects like leaks?

Hirap pala pumili ng bed cover. Haha!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    They'll give you 1 or 2 years warranty but after that it's the same banana ... headache when it leaks and gets stuck ... they offer cleaning and maintenance service of the roller lid for about 1000-1500 and you do it annually ...