New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    hey, thanks, sir. Inquired at JC Garage (tru txt and FB) and they said its P6.8K. Wondering if theirs is really OEM, but regardless, this upgrade is a big help for ingress and egress for our rear passengers..
    OEM siya AFAIK. And legit seller si JC.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    OEM siya AFAIK. And legit seller si JC.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    That's good to know sir. Tnx! Super OT n!
    BTT:
    Anyone knows an upgrade for our disc brakes? Ie: cross drilled & slotted rotors? 😃

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    👍

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Akala ko pinaglalaban ng Toyota na mas okay ang rear drum brakes para sa ganun klaseng SUV? right now they updated with rear disc brakes na in Thailand and sooner or later dito na

5. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
    So why in Thailand they get rear disc brakes ... but not in the Phils? ... "broken" ba in Thailand so they need to fix ... while in the Phils. it's not "broken" so just keep it as it is? ... I don't think so ...
    Updated version gets released in Thailand first for SEA market, and eventually we will get the updated versions

6. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Ford Everest ... good features ... good quality ... not so good reliability ...
    Mitsubishi Montero Sport ... good features ... not so good quality ... so-so reliability ...
    Toyota Fortuner ... not so good features ... good quality ... good reliability ...
    Montero sport not so good quality? I thought Mitsubishi is good in terms of that.

And speaking of Fortuner, Thailand just released their 4 wheel disc version, and we will get the update soon. Dont worry about it my friends

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 2869363
    So why in Thailand they get rear disc brakes ... but not in the Phils? ... "broken" ba in Thailand so they need to fix ... while in the Phils. it's not "broken" so just keep it as it is? ... I don't think so ...
    there is a difference between "broken" and "better".
    and even then, sometimes, the difference is more of subjective than objective.

hey! if it will sell a few more forts,...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    I'll purchase the conversion kit in Thailand as soon as my toyota warranty ends. Braking would still be superior when comparing a disc vs. a drum. 1) better heat dissipation. 2) easier to maintain since replacing disc brake pads is hella lot easier than shoe pads. 3) once you wade in a flood prone area your drum brakes automatically suffer... water and dirt gets stuck inside hence making braking very hard and wearing the drum itself.

I've done a couple of DIY conversions as long as you have the basic tools then you're good to go. I did it on my old starex and fortuner and that was more than a decade ago and the aftermarket disc brakes are still in great condition. The price is quite affordable around less than $200 so you wouldn't be taxed by customs now unlike before. ;) P10k above ang taxable ngayon ata sa customs.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by E*tpc View Post
    I'll purchase the conversion kit in Thailand as soon as my toyota warranty ends. Braking would still be superior when comparing a disc vs. a drum. 1) better heat dissipation. 2) easier to maintain since replacing disc brake pads is hella lot easier than shoe pads. 3) once you wade in a flood prone area your drum brakes automatically suffer... water and dirt gets stuck inside hence making braking very hard and wearing the drum itself.

I've done a couple of DIY conversions as long as you have the basic tools then you're good to go. I did it on my old starex and fortuner and that was more than a decade ago and the aftermarket disc brakes are still in great condition. The price is quite affordable around less than $200 so you wouldn't be taxed by customs now unlike before. ;) P10k above ang taxable ngayon ata sa customs.
    good for you, sir!

but for everyday driving, driver will probably feel very little, if any, difference.
    except for the occasional flood wading, that is.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    good for you, sir!

but for everyday driving, driver will probably feel very little, if any, difference.
    except for the occasional flood wading, that is.
    True, I feel the rear drum brake is adequate naman sa city, feel ko nga malakas nga eh.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast