New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Yes, walang butas. Ok lang walang lighter. Pero wala din yun outlet. Just a blanking plate in it's place to cover the hole that's supposed to be occupied.
    pero may abang na pong wiring? when i got my car last year, wala din cigarette 12v outlet. had to install it myself pa..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    this is the only car i have seen till date without a cigarette charger, what is wrong with toyota ......never mind the car charger ,,,,avanza is disgusting vehicle ....i have a one month old avanza 1.5 G and the the doors vibrate when i play any music with high bass ,,,,, not to mention the cheap quality of keyless entry , cheap plastic steering wheel and poor quality music system and speakers they have installed in the avanza. the car at 80 km/hr makes so much of engine sound that it gets difficult to even talk inside the vehicle , and aerodynamics of he car is poorly designed ? just compare it with the altis 1.6G of same price and u can clearly see the difference how toyota is cheating its customers on quality on the avanza.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    this is the only car i have seen till date without a cigarette charger, what is wrong with toyota ......never mind the car charger ,,,,avanza is disgusting vehicle ....i have a one month old avanza 1.5 G and the the doors vibrate when i play any music with high bass ,,,,, not to mention the cheap quality of keyless entry , cheap plastic steering wheel and poor quality music system and speakers they have installed in the avanza. the car at 80 km/hr makes so much of engine sound that it gets difficult to even talk inside the vehicle , and aerodynamics of he car is poorly designed ? just compare it with the altis 1.6G of same price and u can clearly see the difference how toyota is cheating its customers on quality on the avanza.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hemantgoenka View Post
    is it fair to say, that this car did not come out of toyota's drawing boards? that it is a daihatsu product...? just so happens, toyota owns part of daihatsu..
    btw, the internet is full of avanza comments. it is good practice to do some research first, before plunking down one's gold on the table..

so much for what is at hand.. now, what can we do?
    need a cigar lighter? have one installed. cheap keyless? what else do you want it to do? i am sure something like that is available in the aftermarkets.. cheap-sounding music system? this is always a personal thing.. what may be bad to you might be adequate for me.. perhaps you can consult a car audio expert to upgrade what you have.... maybe you can have sound-improving insulation inside the doors ..
    cheap plastic steering wheel? replace it. personally, i like cheap plastic steering wheels; easier to clean. and the less spokes, the better.
    loud engine? have sound-deadening insulation installed; or, drive more slowly.. (heh heh.. got me there.)
    aerodynamics? a good look at the car will tell you that.. it was not designed to cheat wind and asphalt.. it was designed to deliver something, bodies and/or packages. besides, it is an open secret that the best ride is still delivered by sedans..

but look at your good points.. the avanza can handle large volume deliveries.. 2 more bodies than sedans'.. it rides slightly higher, a good point when it comes to floods.. dual (right?) aircons..

bottom line.. you didn't buy a car.. you bought a delivery vehicle (utility, not comfort).

but i am curious.. why buy avanza and not altis?
    Last edited by dr. d; April 27th, 2013 at 12:15 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    Cost cutting? 300 pesos is still 300 pesos apparently.
    many years ago, a giant manufacturer disapproved a 14 dollar attachment, to cut costs. the result? the car drove "like a pig". the attachment was sway bars.. and the buyers made their comments using their wallets.. to the competing car..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    i have a one month old avanza 1.5 G and the the doors vibrate when i play any music with high bass
    Parehas tayo sir. Kaso vios 1.3 E yung sa akin. Nakaset kasi sa HU ko na F5 (sa tingin ko meaning nito ay mas malakas sounds sa harap kumpara sa sounds sa likod) feel ko yung bass kapag nakapatong arm ko dun sa window switches. Nasa 0 na yung bass at volume 15.

Try niyo sir kung parehas tayo ng HU set niyo sa 0/pantay sound distribution sa lahat ng speakers. Baka mabawasan or mawala na yung vibration na sinasabi mo.

Here's a pic :

Para sa akin ok lang yan. Hindi ko talaga iniintindi yung vibrate kasi hindi naman grabe at since plastic yung panel, medyo expected ko na yun. Enjoy mo nalang music mo sir

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    pero may abang na pong wiring? when i got my car last year, wala din cigarette 12v outlet. had to install it myself pa..
    It means people buy Avanza without this outlet feature...abala lg pagkabit ng aftermarket..hope it won't void the electrical warranty..yet Toyota doesn't even bother how this inconvenience may affect their reputation..grabe ibang klaseng sistema talaga..

8. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Hi Avanza owners,

After almost a decade of pag iipon finally nakabili na din ako ng sasakyan though secondhand na 2013 avanza type e hehe yun lang kaya ng budget eh. Ask ko sana kayu mga expert nagpalagay po ba kayu ng cigar lighter? wala po kaseng cigar lighter ang avanza e para sana saksakan ng charger ng cell phone at dashcam.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^If i were in your position, I'd go to an electrical shop (Wizzard, Reys, etc.) and have them hard wire (with fuse) a USB port and cig plug outlet. Just find a good one (not the cheap ones).

OT. This thread was started pa by Doc Otep. Miss this guy.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^If i were in your position, I'd go to an electrical shop (Wizzard, Reys, etc.) and have them hard wire (with fuse) a USB port and cig plug outlet. Just find a good one (not the cheap ones).

OT. This thread was started pa by Doc Otep. Miss this guy.
    Thank you sir vinj

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
2012 Avanza: No cigar lighter/power socket on 1.3 models