New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Lighter, no problem if they don't inlcude it... but the power socket?

In our day and age, where people need to plug in cellphones, GPS devices, inverters, air-compressors and emergency lights, easy to reach sockets are a MUST on any vehicle.

That's a very strange piece of cost cutting. The need to have extra parts and lines to install the blanking plate almost completely cancels the cost savings of not having the socket (probably about 150 bucks). This false economy is the reason why most cars already come with power windows... not economical to have a separate assembly line installing manual windows.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Stranger still is that no dealer is willing to sell the part. Naubos na daliri ng Avanza owner calling up other dealerships for the part. Wala pa din!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    Hehe. No return no exchange na kasi. By the way wasn't he able to check that before he bought the vehicle? Sa experience ko kasi last na ibinibigay yung cigarette lighter together with the tools and EWD bago approve ng checklist.
    I think ok naman yung EWD. The blanking plate does a good impression of a covered power outlet. Kaya siguro hindi niya napansin.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    For buyers to be enticed to select the higher variant?
    Hindi ata nasasama sa choices yan kapag bumibili ng car. Malamang yung punto na USB na daw pang-charge kaya ganun. Eh si Doc OTEP DIY guy eh, kelangan yun para sa mga accesories na meron siya.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Boss, hindi sakin yung Avanza. Nagpasama lang sakin magpalagay ng outlet kasi nga ay wala. hehe.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dafuq... Strange indeed.

Lighter/AC sockets are even more critical in today's wired world (GPS units, laptops, cellphones, etc...). Mabuti naman at dalawa pa rin yun wiper sa unahan. I myself would have not noticed that when i would be checking out the car; it's already a given part of the car (we don't even consider this not accessory but a part)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Naglagay din kami spare tire lock. Meadali nakawin ang spare. Parang sa lite ace at mb100 ang basket niya.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Any 1.5 owners who can chime in? Our 1.5G test unit has no power socket, either.

Weird... A car with a USB port but no power outlet.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is this car the reason why the malls are now flooded with Circuit, Elevo, or whatever those el cheapo store brands are Php129.00 cigar lighter retrofit kits?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Wierd, vinj is right nowadays we seldom check this items coz as far as we know this is already included in all modern vehicles. I myself wasnt able to check out this missing items. We are in a hunt for a small UV for my moms use and avanza was on top of her list, good thing she immediately cancel her order from balintawak branch upon learning the 1.5 AT is only consuming 5 to 6 km/liter for city driving. I was with her when she was checking out the avanza, honestly i didnt notice the missing power supply plug.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2012 Avanza: No cigar lighter/power socket on 1.3 models