New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sitcoms View Post
    reason daw kaya walang power socket because it may cause electrical failure leading to fire
    sabi ng nakausap namin sa Toyota

pwede naman magpakabit sa labas but warranty will be voided

assuming this is true, it means they found a defect but didnt bother to fix it. band-aid solution na lang: remove the lighter and charger port.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AKI125 View Post
    Carens
    Soul

Innova sana but its too big for her since she wants to drive again and doesnt want our driver to drive her around the metro.

Her budget is 1.1 at the most.

Any suggestion?
    Carens or Jazz; props to the Carens since it's a diesel and she values fuel cost/consumption as a top priority. The Jazz is easier to drive though, if you ask me (since its shorter/more compact) but as Niky mentioned, space is huge especially with the rear seats down. When my sister was moving houses before, she used her Honda Jazz for most of her stuff save for the large furniture and appliances. Have her check and test drive both cars. On the Soul, try to research more on the FC of this.

reason daw kaya walang power socket because it may cause electrical failure leading to fire
    That is one big pile of refuse excuse by the Toyota guy who told you that. Matanong ko nga din when i go for servicing at the CASA. :D
    Last edited by vinj; April 20th, 2012 at 09:52 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004

pwede naman magpakabit sa labas but warranty will be voided
    That's the absolute lamest excuse I've ever heard. Maybe they'd like to remove the ignition key next, because turning this switch causes explosions that may lead to burning gasoline?

-

Sales people should really be better trained. You tell customers that and they'll be wondering if the possibility of fire has really been completely removed by removing just one electrical appliance. At that point, they'll probably say "no thanks" and go look at the other baby MPV, instead, which is apparently better-built because it doesn't catch on fire when you use the lighter socket.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Its a no no for the jazz, issue with the ground clearance kasi. Bad news is the current carens is already phased out. I even called columbian to clarify matters and even ask for their assitants to look for a matic ex carens but ubos na daw talaga and the new carens will be available but next year pa daw. My mom wants a good ground clearance for "anti baha" factor. Im still convincing her to get an innova, matigas ulo and till now ayaw pa rin. I already told her the bad news about carens, it seems she had set her eyes with the soul. Based on my research the soul is averaging 8 to 9 km/liter due to its active eco and 6 speed matic tranny for city driving. I really dont have any idea how that active eco works

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AKI125 View Post
    Its a no no for the jazz, issue with the ground clearance kasi. Bad news is the current carens is already phased out. I even called columbian to clarify matters and even ask for their assitants to look for a matic ex carens but ubos na daw talaga and the new carens will be available but next year pa daw. My mom wants a good ground clearance for "anti baha" factor. Im still convincing her to get an innova, matigas ulo and till now ayaw pa rin. I already told her the bad news about carens, it seems she had set her eyes with the soul. Based on my research the soul is averaging 8 to 9 km/liter due to its active eco and 6 speed matic tranny for city driving. I really dont have any idea how that active eco works
    Flood-fording wise, an Avanza would just be marginally higher than a sedan.

When you compare flood fording capabilities, yung dapat tingnan is the height of the intake, rather than the clearance of the vehicle from the ground.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    That's the absolute lamest excuse I've ever heard. Maybe they'd like to remove the ignition key next, because turning this switch causes explosions that may lead to burning gasoline?

-

Sales people should really be better trained. You tell customers that and they'll be wondering if the possibility of fire has really been completely removed by removing just one electrical appliance. At that point, they'll probably say "no thanks" and go look at the other baby MPV, instead, which is apparently better-built because it doesn't catch on fire when you use the lighter socket.
    When my dad was buying a Corolla back in 94, he asked why the rear seats didnt have seatbelts. Sabi ng ahente, sir di na kailangan ng seatbelt kasi may crumple zones.

Haha. And a few years later rear seatbelts became standard...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Sir ask ko lang po kung saan sa banawe nyo po nabili yung cigarette charger at kung kasama na po ang pa install. Void po ba ang warranty or hindi naman po? salamat

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    220V inverters don't plug into USB ports. Same thing with air compressors, the power operated diamond jack, and the travel cooler.

The 1.5G model has a cigar lighter. Why can't the lesser variants have it?
    I have a 1.56G and it does NOT have a cigar lighter. And it also has that useless, mocking plug.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAlM View Post
    Sir ask ko lang po kung saan sa banawe nyo po nabili yung cigarette charger at kung kasama na po ang pa install. Void po ba ang warranty or hindi naman po? salamat
    Pinabili ko kina Jemson: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jemso...50796818276590

Ewan ko kung saan siya bumili. Parang Php300 installed na ata. Pero mas mura sa mall. Wala pang Php150.00. Yun lang, hahanap ka pa din ng installer if you cannot do the job on your own.

Warranty is void only if the dealer can prove that the modification caused the failure you are claiming warranty work for.

Kung hindi ganun ang sistema eh kahit yung hello kitty na dinikit ko sa windshield can void the warranty. hehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chinesebookie View Post
    I have a 1.56G and it does NOT have a cigar lighter. And it also has that useless, mocking plug.
    Holy crap. What will Toyota delete next?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2012 Avanza: No cigar lighter/power socket on 1.3 models