New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I plan on using Brembo pads on my Fozzie within the month or so. It is cheaper than the pads sold by Motor Image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I plan on using Brembo pads on my Fozzie within the month or so. It is cheaper than the pads sold by Motor Image.

You do know the Brembo aftermarket pads that are sold to Southeast Asia and China are Made in China right? Since Brembo bought a Chinese manufacturer of brake pads in 2015. If you inspect the Brembo sticker label they mentioned that they are Made in China, instead of the Italian made ones they are quite very dirty on the wheels.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    You do know the Brembo aftermarket pads that are sold to Southeast Asia and China are Made in China right? Since Brembo bought a Chinese manufacturer of brake pads in 2015. If you inspect the Brembo sticker label they mentioned that they are Made in China, instead of the Italian made ones they are quite very dirty on the wheels.
    You do know that smart phones, appliances, shoes, and almost everything are made in China. That does not make them lower in quality. They just moved the factories in China but companies set global standards on their products.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    True on the dirty.Brake Pad Thread [Merged]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    True on the dirty.Brake Pad Thread [Merged]

Many complain of heavy brake dust but as long as it’s working well, then all good.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Many complain of heavy brake dust but as long as it’s working well, then all good.

True, too....but you know where I'm coming from...DIY...even the washes, bai.Brake Pad Thread [Merged] Caked dust can be punishing on your back & the wheels. There are pad options out there that offer the combo of performance, low dust, & better bang4buck. I usually go for those when the stock ones go.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    True, too....but you know where I'm coming from...DIY...even the washes, bai.Brake Pad Thread [Merged] Caked dust can be punishing on your back & the wheels. There are pad options out there that offer the combo of performance, low dust, & better bang4buck. I usually go for those when the stock ones go.

Which replacement brand do you prefer for our mazda 3 skyactiv?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by civtro View Post
    Which replacement brand do you prefer for our mazda 3 skyactiv?
    Currently on EBC Reds....better bite, less dust & above all, hoboer than stock from the dealership.
    Mazda genuine pads I've seen are by Akebono(BM/BN 3), ATE(BP 3), Ferodo(DJ 2).

9. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Currently on EBC Reds....better bite, less dust & above all, hoboer than stock from the dealership.
    Mazda genuine pads I've seen are by Akebono(BM/BN 3), ATE(BP 3), Ferodo(DJ 2).

Thanks Travs! But is this available locally or you have it shipped?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by civtro View Post
    Thanks Travs! But is this available locally or you have it shipped?
    Anytime, sir. Got them reds from Amazon. 1.5 & 2.0 BM/BN3 here share the same brakes w/ the Japan-built USDM 2.0 BM/BN 3. The Mexican-built ones have different calipers & pads.
    I recall a fellow Mown3r & Tsikoteer got the exact same EBC set I got but couldn't make the rears fit. Rears will need a caliper tool to push the piston back & may require using the stock rear pad shims instead of the new ones.

Brake Pad Thread [Merged]