New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    For which car model are you going to use them for? Since last time I bought one was from Tach Motion Auto shop in Banawe it was for my Hiace 2011.
    Forester 2.0x 2011. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Ohhh imports, not meant for the local market. Did you buy it on e-bay? Note: Guys ingat lng dahil naghahasik nanaman ng lagim ang asbestos pads sa market like LKC(yellow and violet packaging) and other very cheap brands magiging maalikabok ulit & hazardous air quality natin dahil hindi lng jeepneys, taxis and other puvs ang gumagamit kung hindi pati private vehicles narin, don't cheap out on air cleaner filter(for your health) and air filters for engines don't risks your health for a few bucks. If nagmomotor yung iba I suggest you buy an anti-pollution mask.
    They're still using asbestos?! Isn't it banned already?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    brembo ph is expanding with dealers nationwideBrake Pad Thread [Merged]

are they any good?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Based on the info around the world the two top original manufacturers of brakes are Akebono and Brembo.

Akebono is oem to Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Subaru, Isuzu and all other Japan domestic auto/truck makers, overseas customers are GM, Ford, Fiat Chrysler, Porsche, Mercedes & etc..., they also supply brake parts to Japan's bullet trains(Shinkansen), Japan's elevators, hypercars like Mclaren and F1 Mclaren racing and Japan's windmills, Japanese motorcycles, industrial heavy equipments and etc...

Brembo is oem to Ferrari, Porsche, Corvette and Mercedes, overseas customers are Ford, GM, Fiat, Nissan and others. Also Brembo supplies to a F1 team.

ATE is oem to most of the German car manufacturers like Mercedez Benz, BMW, Porsche, Volkswagen and etc...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    They're still using asbestos?! Isn't it banned already?

Sadly we have no laws in Philippines regarding the banning of asbestos. Manufacturers in Malaysia and other developing countries have little laws on controlling asbestos use. LKC is manufactured in Malaysia and material is asbestos, asbestos is a cheap material it is readily available. Only USA, Japan, most parts of Europe and other developed countries have banned asbestos completely. Jeepneys, buses and trucks buy from our domestic brake lining manufacturers which use asbestos as the main ingredient in the friction material.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Sadly we have no laws in Philippines regarding the banning of asbestos. Manufacturers in Malaysia and other developing countries have little laws on controlling asbestos use. LKC is manufactured in Malaysia and material is asbestos, asbestos is a cheap material it is readily available. Only USA, Japan, most parts of Europe and other developed countries have banned asbestos completely. Jeepneys, buses and trucks buy from our domestic brake lining manufacturers which use asbestos as the main ingredient in the friction material.
    Thanks for the info.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Jeez. Am not gonna go outside anymore haha. I hope lawmakers take notice. Banning it sounds like something a lot more useful than renaming streets.

How about a Tsikot party list? Someone's gotta look after car owners' welfare
    Last edited by Wh1stl3r; March 12th, 2018 at 10:40 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Ohhh imports, not meant for the local market. Did you buy it on e-bay?
    I rarely go ebay....They're quite common in US automotive parts shops & Amazon. The US Bendix PNs differ from Oz 1s.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Jeez. Am not gonna go outside anymore haha. I hope lawmakers take notice. Banning it sounds like something a lot more useful than renaming streets.

Hahaha I agree, lung cancer or other lung diseases are no joke. Imagine you are a healthy person and non-smoker but because inhaling high volume of asbestos gives you lung cancer or damages your lungs permanently.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post

basta driver bestos lover Brake Pad Thread [Merged]

need more air purifiers Brake Pad Thread [Merged]

10. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    basta driver bestos lover Brake Pad Thread [Merged]

need more air purifiers Brake Pad Thread [Merged]

That maybe true a long time ago, but time has changed hehe people are now health conscious about getting lung cancer. As 1st world countries like the US, Germany, UK, Japan and etc.. have banned asbestos production for construction, automotive and other products, importation is also banned already. What we need is a really really 99.9% filtration for cabin filters so that it could filter harmful contaminants or pollutants from going inside the car through the aircon as this also affects how the car environment inside like sometimes old cars really smell because the owners were not good in cleaning their cars plus the air and aircon cabin filters they use.

Brake Pad Thread [Merged]