New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Totoong ceramic ba ang brembo pads? Hinde niya kainin ang stock rotors like yun metal king ng bendix?

Ano ba advantage ng ceramic, meron ba kahit stock lang rotor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Totoong ceramic ba ang brembo pads? Hinde niya kainin ang stock rotors like yun metal king ng bendix?

Ano ba advantage ng ceramic, meron ba kahit stock lang rotor?

Ceramic daw. Yun nakalagay sa box. I can't tell the difference when I installed these.

I think I'll go back to OEM or maybe I'll try Akebono.
    Nagiging maingay kasi after long drive or after byahe sa mountain roads.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Ceramic daw. Yun nakalagay sa box. I can't tell the difference when I installed these.

I think I'll go back to OEM or maybe I'll try Akebono.
    Nagiging maingay kasi after long drive or after byahe sa mountain roads.
    Diba dapat less dusk and less movie pag ceramic?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Diba dapat less dusk and less movie pag ceramic?

supposedly ang advantage daw ng ceramic less dust at less noise

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    brake noise attributed to the recent replacement of disc pads are usually caused by glazing of the brake rotor surfaces. some oem brake pads like those of honda have a light coat of abrasive on the surface of the pad to aid in the deglazing of the brake rotor. new brake pads have to be burnished in to seat them to mate with the old brake rotor. other causes of brake squeal are stuck caliper slide pins (floating calipers) or sticking caliper slides (sliding calipers). simply installing disc pads without relubricating slides and prepping the reused brake rotors will usually result in singing front brakes

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    so ganun pala ka important lihahin ang rotors and new pads pag pinalitan. i can remember on one occasion wala ako liha deretso palit lang ng pads.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    brake noise attributed to the recent replacement of disc pads are usually caused by glazing of the brake rotor surfaces. some oem brake pads like those of honda have a light coat of abrasive on the surface of the pad to aid in the deglazing of the brake rotor. new brake pads have to be burnished in to seat them to mate with the old brake rotor. other causes of brake squeal are stuck caliper slide pins (floating calipers) or sticking caliper slides (sliding calipers). simply installing disc pads without relubricating slides and prepping the reused brake rotors will usually result in singing front brakes
    In my case I installed the brembo brake pads with brand new rotors, hell I even replaced the rubber protecting the caliper pin and greased the pin using OEM stuff. It is noisy after long drives only.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    My brakes are noisy in the morning. Squeel. The pads original from Toyota casa are fairly new, maybe 20Tkms old. What could be wrong? TIA

9. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Tman View Post
    My brakes are noisy in the morning. Squeel. The pads original from Toyota casa are fairly new, maybe 20Tkms old. What could be wrong? TIA
    Try to remember if umulan ba ng malakas or if you washed the car/tire na nabasa yung rotors.
    Baka from flash rust lang yun.
    If that's the case, nalilinis as you use them kaya nawawala later on in the day...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    In my case I installed the brembo brake pads with brand new rotors, hell I even replaced the rubber protecting the caliper pin and greased the pin using OEM stuff. It is noisy after long drives only.
    were the new brake rotors cleaned off of the rust inhibitor prior to installing? this post is months old. is the car's brakes still behaving this way?

Brake Pad Thread [Merged]