New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 294
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,787
    #211
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    Yung Akebono Made in Japan pads sa Philippine market doesn't sell semi-metallic, all of them are Ceramic formulas na. Kasi Akebono has standards to follow sa US, Europe, Japan and etc... All of their pads are Ceramic. Kaya compared with other brands makikita mo din ang formula ng Akebono napaka layo lalo na sa brake dust almost minimal dust sa Akebono.
    i will attest to that. nakagamit ako ng akebono noon sa FD as replacement pads very minimal ang dust. ang napasin ko maraming dust are bmws. do they use textars?

  2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,576
    #212
    May local supplier ba akebono here sa Ph? Would like to try those ceramic pads.. currently using bendix sa toyota altis.. sobrang alikabok.. same dun sa stock brake pads ng mazda 3.. ma alikabok din.. dumi tuloy ng rims

  3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    10,253
    #213
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    May local supplier ba akebono here sa Ph? Would like to try those ceramic pads.. currently using bendix sa toyota altis.. sobrang alikabok.. same dun sa stock brake pads ng mazda 3.. ma alikabok din.. dumi tuloy ng rims
    Nippon-built Mazda OE pads are Akebono. Picey off the dealership. The Mex-built USDM (2& iA), Ferodo.

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    343
    #214
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    May local supplier ba akebono here sa Ph? Would like to try those ceramic pads.. currently using bendix sa toyota altis.. sobrang alikabok.. same dun sa stock brake pads ng mazda 3.. ma alikabok din.. dumi tuloy ng rims
    I just found out from my friend the authorized distributor of Akebono's facebook page nung early March.

    Akebono Brakes Philippines - Home | Facebook

  5. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    343
    #215
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    i will attest to that. nakagamit ako ng akebono noon sa FD as replacement pads very minimal ang dust. ang napasin ko maraming dust are bmws. do they use textars?
    As far as I know some models of BMWs use German pads I forgot the brand, they are very dusty. Pero hindi Texstar brand.

  6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,006
    #216
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    As far as I know some models of BMWs use German pads I forgot the brand, they are very dusty. Pero hindi Texstar brand.
    Baka Bosch. Hehehehe


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    35
    #217
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    I just found out from my friend the authorized distributor of Akebono's facebook page nung early March.

    Akebono Brakes Philippines - Home | Facebook
    Share ko lang, East meet West. Akebono pads made in US and Japan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_20180929_173942.jpg  

  8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,675
    #218
    Quote Originally Posted by maculet View Post
    Share ko lang, East meet West. Akebono pads made in US and Japan.
    Methinks those Proacts are the top of the line ones. Kaso US made so probably will only cater to USDM models.

    Are those pads for your car? Which model?
    Last edited by Wh1stl3r; July 3rd, 2020 at 11:25 AM.

  9. Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    35
    #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Methinks those Proacts are the top of the line ones. Kaso US made so probably will only cater to USDM models.

    Are those pads for your car? Which model?
    For my toyota revo cross reference is toyota previa.

  10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,675
    #220
    Quote Originally Posted by maculet View Post
    For my toyota revo cross reference is toyota previa.
    Nice. Wish there were more common parts with our other local models.

    Please post a review of the pads once you've put them on 🙂

Brake Pad Thread [Merged]