The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    excerpts from http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4087

Water: Alternative Fuel for the Future?
    Skeptoid #87
    February 12, 2008

"Can water really be used as a fuel? Has the solution to all our problems always been right under our very nose? Let me ask a different question: Is the idea that something so obvious could have gone unnoticed for so long absurd enough to warrant a healthy dose of skepticism?

Well, the short answer is yes, they do warrant skepticism; and no, they do not represent any new solution to any problem that nobody's ever thought of before. All of these miracle systems consume more energy than they create, and are reported by the television networks with no critical analysis of the bogus claims being made."

"So how about the car engine thing? Use power from the battery — which is constantly being recharged by the engine — to electrolyze water, thus producing a volatile gas that can be added to the fuel mixture to substantially boost performance. The water tank needs to be refilled just like the gas tank does, and so in this case, the water is actually being used as fuel. Right? Not right. Welders who have heard about these devices generally fall onto the ground laughing when they hear it. These claims state that the water is converted into oxyhydrogen, the same gas used in water torches, and also known as Brown's gas. A water torch is a type of welding flame that uses oxyhydrogen as fuel. Oxyhydrogen is a gas that consists of hydrogen gas and oxygen gas in a 2:1 ratio, the same as water, but chemically separate from one another. Think of the space shuttle's main engines, which also use hydrogen mixed with an oxidizing agent. Recall the size of the explosion when the Challenger's main tank blew. Oxyhydrogen does have huge explosive potential, which is why it's such a great fuel for water torches. Water torches have been around for a long time, so there is nothing remotely new or inventive about this concept. It has never been of interest to automotive engineers because making the oxyhydrogen fuel consumes more energy than can be produced by burning it. Welding is not the art of energy efficiency, so this is not a problem for the welding industry. It would be a huge problem for the automotive industry, which cannot afford to spend more energy creating oxyhydrogen than could be produced burning it. The same goes for your car's engine. If your battery starts with a full charge, your car may indeed run more efficiently with one of these devices for a short time, until the battery is drained enough that the engine must take on the additional load of recharging it. And then there's that pesky law of thermodynamics again. It will never be possible to gain more energy burning the oxyhydrogen than it takes to create the oxyhydrogen. You can borrow energy from the burning gasoline to keep the reaction going, but now you are running less efficiently than you could under gasoline alone."

Brian Dunning

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think Dingle can take you up on that. He passed away some time ago.

One tsikoteer here before was present at one of Dingle's demonstrations, and his conclusion was that it was a lot of "hocus-pocus". Dingle would claim "security reasons" and not wanting "foreigners to steal his ideas" as reasons for not allowing closer scrutiny or distance demonstrations.

Which is complete bull. My cousin's house all through the 90's was one block away from Dingle's house. And his "demonstration" Corolla, with its water stickers on, was parked on the street where any enterprising soul who wanted to "steal" his ideas could car-jack it.

That, in the five or six years we saw that car parked outside, even at night, nobody even bothered, tells you how much those make-believe industrial spies actually thought about Dingle's car.
    Hi. just fyi, julius babao interviewed dingle a day or two ago. he hasn't passed away yet. also, as an aside, has anyone on tsikot heard of hydromaxxx? is this the same thing as what you have all been talking about in this thread? has hydromaxxx been discussed elsewhere on other forums? just curious. thank you

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think Dingle can take you up on that. He passed away some time ago.

One tsikoteer here before was present at one of Dingle's demonstrations, and his conclusion was that it was a lot of "hocus-pocus". Dingle would claim "security reasons" and not wanting "foreigners to steal his ideas" as reasons for not allowing closer scrutiny or distance demonstrations.

Which is complete bull. My cousin's house all through the 90's was one block away from Dingle's house. And his "demonstration" Corolla, with its water stickers on, was parked on the street where any enterprising soul who wanted to "steal" his ideas could car-jack it.

That, in the five or six years we saw that car parked outside, even at night, nobody even bothered, tells you how much those make-believe industrial spies actually thought about Dingle's car.
    Hi. just fyi, julius babao interviewed dingle a day or two ago. he hasn't passed away yet. also, as an aside, has anyone on tsikot heard of hydromaxxx? is this the same thing as what you have all been talking about in this thread? has hydromaxxx been discussed elsewhere on other forums? just curious. thank you

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Same scam different name, I don't know how many facts need to be posted to convince people your not going to run your car on a HHO generator powered by your cars 12v battery.

If you want to find out buy a kit and report back your results, I'm sure you will be highly disappointed.

I just had a guy here in Guam I ran into when I was talking about water injection show me the kit he got off of Ebay, cost 2 times more than a alcohol injection kit for 50USD in cheap hardware store parts.

Guess what, No fuel savings at all, no increase in HP, no reduction intake temps, Zero benefit. Then I took him for a ride in my Explore with a water injection kit on it, And showed him the difference between the kit off and on.

He's a little bit ticked off on his 400USD investment that does nothing.

I swear if I see anouther Youtube video I'm going to scream,

[SIZE=7]IT DOES NOT WORK PERIOD![/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    nabuhay na naman mga storyang ganito. sa TV patrol kanina meron.
    Last edited by morrissey_05; July 10th, 2008 at 12:39 AM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Ilang dekada na ang lumipas puro claim pa rin at pananakot si Mr. Dingel na ibebenta na lang nya sa foriegner. Nagsalita na ang DOST na ipakita lang ni Mri. Dingel ang proof at ipasuri ang kotse nya at tutulungan siya ng gobyerno.

Ilang dekada na, ni isang private car user di man lang nakabitan ng sinasabing water powered car

30+ years ago bata pa ako, yung mga jeepney namin ang mga naunang binigyan ni Mr. Planas ng KHAOS sa San Juan, but after few months pinagtatanggal na ni erpat wala naman daw fuel savings at mahirap pang itono ang makina.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    There has been a lot of discussion regarding this topic before and many of us have frown on this...this time it's worth looking into...take a look...

http://www.gas-water-car.com/
    Last edited by etneroll; July 12th, 2008 at 09:40 AM. Reason: grammar correction

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    It's the same thing as discussed before just with a different name and marketing. If it was a legitimate thing they wouldn't have to go to the internet to sell it, every carmaker would be offering everything to get the rights to it with the price of gas approaching $5 in the US.

Edit: Why a 56 day guarantee as opposed to a 60day? Gotta love the blond who supposedly saved money on the ad. I bet she paid for blinker fluid when her mechanic said it needs to be replaced.
    Last edited by redorange; July 12th, 2008 at 12:01 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    di pa halos pareho to sa invention ni dengel? ako naniniwala talaga ako dun sa invention nung kababayan natin..sayang sana napakinabangan natin dito sa pinas..mukang nakuha na ng ibang bansa ang technoloy..

Water as Fuel / HHO Technology [Merged Threads]