New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    Wow! Sayang nga fafy. Good buy na yun. Did you haggle for a lower price?
    11500 daw kung cash. Sayang, sana binili ko. Oh well, next time. That area is crazy!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ok so i think im settled for the D40 then i was reading the reviews and i was stumpped...

Auto Focus only for AF-S or AF-I lenses

Perhaps the biggest negative on the D40 is that it doesn't have an internal focus drive motor and hence no mechanical focus drive pin, instead it only has CPU contacts which means it can only Auto Focus with AF-S and AF-I lenses (those with built-in focus motors). Indeed our 'standard' lens the Nikkor 50 mm F1.8D (and the F1.4D) are manual focus only on the D40. The images below show the difference between the mount on the D40 and D80, the D80 has a mechanical focus drive pin at about the 7 o'clock position.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond40/

do i have to be botherd by this? at times im gonna be using it * p&s.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gerard, if P&S lang most of the time (in automatic or P mode), IMO no bothers. It just means that you can't use lenses that are not AF-S or AF-I, which are all autofocus. If you slap on say that 50mm lens, it would still work but you need to do focusing manually i.e. the autofocus of the automatic mode won't work.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^ what he said...

That's what I was pointing out earlier... Honestly most new Nikkor lenses are AF-S/AF-I anyway, you just can't use older lenses (which may be cheaper hehe)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ok im sold! d40 it is then... hehehe!!! just al ittle bit more ipon... hehehe!!! thanks so much guys for the help!! finally mababawasan ang frustration ko sa buhay! lol

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    have u been to photoworld, every newbie there wanted to checkout the D40.

napakagaan ng D40, if you will be vacationing to Hongkong or Europe, madali dalhin ito.

the AFS/AF-I limit lenses are not really a cause for concern kasi yun can always use Manual Focus sa older lenses. as much as possible, try turning the focus rings manually, dyan makikita galing mo sa photography.

tingin ko lalangawin talaga ang canon 400D once people start to realize the advantages of the Nikon D40.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    He he, ikaw siguro fafy yung nag advertise sa ebay.ph ano?
    sssshhh, wag ka maingay sir hehehe. 33k lang brand new sa hidalgo neto pero I manage to sell * 30k sa ebay.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GerardTagayty View Post
    hows the nikon d80? is it better than the d40? adn about the lenses... yun bang mga camera na to like compatible with other brand lens? mukhagn kelangan ko nga mag take ng classes... hehehe
    d80 saka na yun. more than double the price ata isa nyan ah.

anyway, the most important thing about photog, dapat magaling ka mag-timpla ng aperture + shutter + exposure combo. all other features you can reserve kung sanay na sanay ka na hehehe. i see good photos made a canon 300D. nasa photog lang yan.

isa pa sikreto ng pro photogs, lenses. dapat f stop 1.8 or at least 2.8 whether wide-angle, zoom, or macro ang specs. hehehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    isa pa sikreto ng pro photogs, lenses. dapat f stop 1.8 or at least 2.8 whether wide-angle, zoom, or macro ang specs. hehehe
    Wha??? Where did you get that idea hehe.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    sssshhh, wag ka maingay sir hehehe. 33k lang brand new sa hidalgo neto pero I manage to sell * 30k sa ebay.
    amp...sabi ko na nga ba eh! :lol:

Digital SLR