New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    nico, yung k10d dami ba lenses available locally? kung walang benta sa hidalgo ng k10d parang hina ata support nito..

pero ganda specs..10mp, IS, Sealed body, larger sensor than 400D(?), anti-dust etc...kumpleto na...just like what i want in a dslr..sana di kasing mahal ng sony a100..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BB kung gusto mo mas mura dagdagan mo ng isang zero

Pentax K100D
    yan nabasa ko na sa t3 so sure ako meron dito niyan...
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/K100D/K100DA.HTM

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    chief found my notebook na sinulatan ko when i called up meyer. the S3is is 17500. hindi sinabi saken makano discount kase over the phone lang sungit yun sumagot saken. lol here are the digits of meyers sa carriedo 733 7723, 733 7598, 733 7722. got them from my friend who buys from meyers. ahehehe called siguro mgA 4 days ago

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    muchios gracias GT

so yung meyer sa carriedo? malapit lang ba sa hidalgo yun?
    saka bukas ba sila pag sunday?
    Last edited by kimpOy; February 25th, 2007 at 12:01 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nikon D80 Sample:

[size=1]Click through for 1280x768 image. Original Image was 3800x2500+[/size]

Tagaytay Highlands - 6 pm, February 23, 2007

To be fair, this is slightly photo-edited, hehe... and my brother has a killer lens.

Tara! Photo EB na!!!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    wala po. hindi ko nakita sa hidalgo yun meyers. natawagan ko lang sha. sabi nun friend ko carriedo daw yun kaya i just called them up. i think its the street parallel to hidalgo.

sir niky! astig yan pic ah! nice!!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GerardTagayty View Post
    wala po. hindi ko nakita sa hidalgo yun meyers. natawagan ko lang sha. sabi nun friend ko carriedo daw yun kaya i just called them up. i think its the street parallel to hidalgo.

sir niky! astig yan pic ah! nice!!
    Hehe... we should've met up. Ma-photo din tsikot mo. Forgot to get your CP number from Carlo before I came here. Sayang, last day ng seminar namin.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would get a Canon 30D myself (or 40D if there is one coming in the next few weeks) -- I like the lens selection of Canon better (notably, great 10-22 mm, affordable 70-22 f/4 L, affordable 17-40 f/4 L, 17-55 f/2.8 with IS which would be a superb indoor car show or events lens), but Nikon D80 is feature-for-feature better than what Canon has to offer in the same segment at this time.

Lots of horror stories with Nikon service, warranty, product availablity and pricing though, especially for 'gray-market' (Hidalgo-bought units included) units. This alone would sway me towards Canon if I'm buying a dslr now and do not have any lenses or accessories for either brand.

niky,

nice angle , though a fill flash and a longer shutter may improve such a photo i think

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    We left all of the flash boxes at home. Too crowded in the car. This is basically a spontaneous "prop-the-camera-on-your-shoe" shot. :lol:

We had lots of problems with the D70. One burned out completely (flash card interface literally went up in smoke... replaced under warranty), and the other had a haywire LCD screen. The D80 (knock-on-wood) hasn't given us any headaches yet. I really think that this next generation of Nikons is much better.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Guys, kung amateur po ako sa photography and I want to get good shots, should I but a digital SLR? Medyo natutuwa ako kuhaan ng mga candid shots ang mga bata sa lansangan. Also I like nature shots.

I have an el cheapo sony cybershot na 7.2mp.
    djerms,

I wholeheartedly agree that a dslr or even a prosumer P&S isn't necessary to make great photos, but all that said, there are many situations where a dslr will open up shooting possibilities that are simply beyond the capability of a P&S. Notably:

1. Low-light performance: With modern uber-megapixel cameras (ridiculous marketing feature), even ISO 200 can be blurry and noisy on many P&S cams. ISO 400 is realistically the maximum I'll take a P&S to, anything higher is usually garbage. Shooting indoors, especially when it's dark, can be very challenging with a P&S. Even events like indoor car shows necessitate a tripod for best results. For indoor events where the subject is moving and where flash is not acceptable (e.g. a recital, a concert, a basketball game at the araneta colliseum), you'll have to be very lucky to get a good shot from a P&S. However, low-light shooting of still subjects (e.g. night landscapes) is very feasible with modern P&S provided the camera is stabilized on a tripod or on a stable surface.

2. Sports and action/high-speed photography: The virtually nonexistent shutter lag of dslrs really helps here. It's very difficult to photograph a Formula 1 car at breakneck speed with a P&S, because a mis-timing of a fraction of a second means that a portion of the subject is no longer in the frame, or the subject is not in the frame at all. Continuous shooting (3 fps or whatever) is invaluable and with practice, good results are possible with a P&S, but a dslr will make it so much easier. For example, getting good results with a P&S photographing a fireworks show requires a lot of work, a LOT of shots, and a lot of luck. The fast autofocus of dslrs are also a big deal here. Some lower-end P&S cams black out for a second or so after taking a photo with flash... truly maddening in some situations. Finally, continuous shooting with flash is generally not possible with the low-power built-in flashes of P&S cams.

3. Ultra-wide angle and macro shooting: Purely because UWA and dedicated macro lenses are available for an slr. Converter lenses with limited capability are available for higher-end P&S models though.

4. Ergonomics: During occasions when the pace of shooting is very fast (e.g. events, action photography), it's necessary to change camera settings very quickly. With a P&S, my experience is that it can be frustrating to navigate through tons of menus accessing basic things like flash on/off or ISO when interesting shooting opportunities are coming very rapidly. Even the electronic zoom control of a P&S will feel very slow in these situations... the instant mechanical zoom ring on slrs is invaluable for demanding shooting.

5. Battery life and read/write performance: a dslr will likely have a very long battery life compared to a P&S. writing to the CF/SD card will be fast too, and so will reading. It can get maddening on a P&S when you have 300 full-res photos on your card and it takes an eternity to cycle through them in-cam.

As you can see, theveed is really correct that a dslr generally makes things easier and only in certain situations will a dslr be a big deal. If you're a pro or semi-pro photographer (for example, you regularly go to events), a dslr will be a very good investment. Otherwise, for holiday and recreational shooting, a P&S is generally ideal, and has the following advantages:

1. Live view, articulating LCD screen on some models: These are features that make composition much easier, and these are features I would like to see on more dslrs.

2. Compact weight and size: This can be the single biggest reason to not bring a dslr on a holiday. A cheap P&S that you bring with you is infinitely more useful than a dslr sitting in the closet at home. For example, if I were going on a month-long vacation to the US, I would strongly consider bringing my trusty Olympus C5060WZ P&S rather than a dslr + lenses. The bad news with slr cameras is that as capability goes up, size and weight goes up as well, sometimes drastically. A Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L lens weighs a ton. A Canon 70-200 f/4 L lens is as long as a bazooka, and the IS versions are even more so.

3. Underwater photography: Much cheaper and much easier to do with a P&S, since underwater casings are available. Underwater casings for dslrs are incredibly expensive.

4. Discreet shooting. Everyone will notice your dslr on the street. Everyone will think you are a tourist. Everyone will think you are the official photographer at a party or wedding or whatever.

5. Much, much better image quality per peso and per gram compared to a dslr My Olympus C5060WZ P&S has a great sharp lens. To give a Canon 400D dslr the same level of sharpness, I would have to spend dozens of thousands of pesos on a lens like the 17-40 L. And even then, the P&S lens would still have the advantage in that it has a much wider range (27-108 mm). To give the 400D the same image lens quality AND lens range as the P&S, I would have to buy two lenses for the dslr. More expensive, bulkier, heavier, more likely to stay at home.

In a nutshell, a dslr is a specialized tool that extends your photographic repertoire. using one when you don't need it is like buying a ferrari for the daily commute. however, not using one when you do need it is like using a Kia pride in a formula race.
    Last edited by mbt; February 25th, 2007 at 04:08 PM.

Digital SLR