New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 58 of 96 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    You can only do bclk with Haswell/Broadwells.

Probably you can find a coffee lake or a Ryzen 2nd gen APU for cheap.
    No can do. That will compel me to replace the board and all 32GB of DDR3 memory. Anyway, decided to keep it stock na lang. It's a server so I guess keeping it stable should be top priority.

My main PC is a Ryzen 5 3600 * 4.2 all cores.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    No can do. That will compel me to replace the board and all 32GB of DDR3 memory. Anyway, decided to keep it stock na lang. It's a server so I guess keeping it stable should be top priority.

My main PC is a Ryzen 5 3600 * 4.2 all cores.
    For plex, overloaded na ba yung ganiyang setup?

No experience using that but the IGP / quicksync should help a lot hindi ba? hehe

EDIT: Remembered that the 1050TI and all the other NV consumer cards are limited to 2 simultaneous transcode streams before dumping the rest of the load back to the CPU...

If that's your bottleneck, a quadro card or a driver hack (if exists for your OS/platform?) should allow more concurrent streams.
    Last edited by mda; December 26th, 2020 at 01:01 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    For plex, overloaded na ba yung ganiyang setup?

No experience using that but the IGP / quicksync should help a lot hindi ba? hehe

EDIT: Remembered that the 1050TI and all the other NV consumer cards are limited to 2 simultaneous transcode streams before dumping the rest of the load back to the CPU...

If that's your bottleneck, a quadro card or a driver hack (if exists for your OS/platform?) should allow more concurrent streams.
    Yup, I know about the limitations. I haven't found it necessary to hack the driver. Of course I've been waiting for a bargain P2000 to come along but after a couple of years, they're still expensive and hard to come by.

Anyway, both the Intel Iris Pro Graphics P6300 (IGPU) and the dedicated 1050Ti, together with the CPU, do pitch in to do the transcodes. That said, Nvidia's 2-stream limit is not too big of an issue for me. At least, not yet.

CPU, GPU 0, and GPU 1 utilization while plying 4 or 5 streams:
    Last edited by oj88; December 26th, 2020 at 09:44 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Yup, I know about the limitations. I haven't found it necessary to hack the driver. Of course I've been waiting for a bargain P2000 to come along but after a couple of years, they're still expensive and hard to come by.

Anyway, both the Intel Iris Pro Graphics P6300 (IGPU) and the dedicated 1050Ti, together with the CPU, do pitch in to do the transcodes. That said, Nvidia's 2-stream limit is not too big of an issue for me. At least, not yet.

CPU, GPU 0, and GPU 1 utilization while plying 4 or 5 streams:
    Looks like that box can handle another 3-4 streams easy haha.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Looks like that box can handle another 3-4 streams easy haha.
    True. But of course, it depends on the media and the playback device. In the test above, I forced all streams to transcode to force the CPU and GPU to work their arses off. In reality, however, if the playback device supports the media type, it will use Direct Stream or at most Direct Play.... which consequently consumes very little processing and is only limited by the storage IO.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Anyone have monitor that can turn into portrait? I'm thinking of buying a cheap one for viewing source code.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Anyone have monitor that can turn into portrait? I'm thinking of buying a cheap one for viewing source code.

I used to have a Dell IPS monitor from long ago (U2412M) that I sometime use vertically for spreadsheets. The mount is rotatable for vertical and horizontal use.

I gave it to my brother na, this is his current WFH setup:

A used Dell IPS monitor is about 3k nalang these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; February 4th, 2021 at 11:18 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I used to have a Dell IPS monitor from long ago (U2412M) that I sometime use vertically for spreadsheets. The mount is rotatable for vertical and horizontal use.

I gave it to my brother na, this is his current WFH setup:

A used Dell IPS monitor is about 3k nalang these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the tip. I'll try to look for that one.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Just sharing what I did with my old PC hardware... from E-Waste to E-Art.

I still have a lot of old, defective, or otherwise obsolete hardware I might put up and make eyesores into something cool.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Just sharing what I did with my old PC hardware... from E-Waste to E-Art.

I still have a lot of old, defective, or otherwise obsolete hardware I might put up and make eyesores into something cool.

pop the lid from the K6 turn it into a keychain

meron ba dyan S3 virge 3d decellerator LOL