New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 56 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 558
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25,927
    #1
    discuss!



    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25,927
    #2
    Intel just released their Trump card

    X599 and 28C56T CPU. This setup just annihilated AMDs flagship Computer and Laptop Tech Thread

    Intel X599 Ultra-Premium Platform To Support Skylake-X 28 Core Processors


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  3. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    805
    #3
    I'm thinking of setting up a home NAS for my personal and work files. RAID data protection would be great.
    It would be based on the DiskStation DS418j plus 6TB HGST drives.

    On the other hand, I just ordered a couple of 2TB SATA SSDs, so those might fit the bill for my desktop PC for the moment.

    Any suggestions or tips for setting up a home NAS?

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    805
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Intel just released their Trump card

    X599 and 28C56T CPU. This setup just annihilated AMDs flagship Computer and Laptop Tech Thread

    Intel X599 Ultra-Premium Platform To Support Skylake-X 28 Core Processors


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Nvidia also just came out with this:
    NVIDIA Announces Turing-Powered Quadro RTX Family: RTX 8, 6, & 5 Arrive In Q4’218

    Gonna wait for their GTX derivatives to be released before I upgrade

  5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,246
    #5
    Damn. They are now fighting core per core.

    But amd is going to release 64threads right?

    Noticed that the tech is stucked in 14nm. Nawala na ang tick tock scheme nang intel?

    Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25,927
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Damn. They are now fighting core per core.

    But amd is going to release 64threads right?

    Noticed that the tech is stucked in 14nm. Nawala na ang tick tock scheme nang intel?

    Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    Competition from AMD is pushing Intel to release a newer timeline. New 10nm fab will be up and running soon...

    https://www.eetimes.com/document.asp...labKcripqQdebl

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25,927
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenR View Post
    I'm thinking of setting up a home NAS for my personal and work files. RAID data protection would be great.
    It would be based on the DiskStation DS418j plus 6TB HGST drives.

    On the other hand, I just ordered a couple of 2TB SATA SSDs, so those might fit the bill for my desktop PC for the moment.

    Any suggestions or tips for setting up a home NAS?
    looking at 4tb and higher (and maybe scaleable)for work. I used up 1tb just this week.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  8. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    805
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    looking at 4tb and higher (and maybe scaleable)for work. I used up 1tb just this week.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    1TB in a week for work? Company server or personal workstation?

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25,927
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenR View Post
    1TB in a week for work? Company server or personal workstation?
    it was an on-site "job" need the high capacity for backup of the backup Computer and Laptop Tech Thread

    not enough redundancy..
    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,246
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Competition from AMD is pushing Intel to release a newer timeline. New 10nm fab will be up and running soon...

    https://www.eetimes.com/document.asp...labKcripqQdebl

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    The link defaults to home page.

    Found this though. Not enough yields pala ang new tech.
    Intel outlines its struggles with 1-nm chip production - The Tech Report - Page 1


    Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 56 123451151 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Computer and Laptop Tech Thread