New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mikline, sabi nga ng dad ko, habang tumatanda, you realize more and more your own mortality.

kiper, yan ang common misconception about the Catholic church. "Do good to get to heaven." This is not true. To sum it up: "Do good so that others may see Christ living in you. Christ already paid for your ticket to heaven." The sad thing about it is, hindi lahat ng so-called Christians/Catholics ganyan ang ginagawa (tulad ng nakatabi mo sa simbahan). IMO, yung mga taong ganito, parang mga Pharisees na tinitira ni Christ dati. Nagpapakabanal, praying out loud in public places, holier-than-thou attitude, etc. pero deep down inside mas-bulok pa sila kaysa sa iba! Pare, sobrang dami talagang ganyan sa kahit anong simbahan mapuntahan mo (INC, El Shaddai, Roman-Catholic, Protestant).

Nakakalungkot isipin na yung mga taong ganito has caused you to become an atheist (my assumption based on your most recent post). Pero these people are not the true indication of what a true believer in Christ should be like.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dinosaurs are not mentioned in the Bible because the Bible is not a history of the world. in fact, many texts in the Bible are not literally true, including Genesis 1 and 2.

suffice it to say that the Bible is largely a metaphor, and not a textbook...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thats one of the major problems of non believers and critiques of the Bible...they take it literally.

heaven..they take literally....

hell.....

adam....

eve....

anyway...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thats why I distrust religous people (tipong pakitang tao)

Thats the problem with most people we only go to chruch because we feel it is an OBLIGATION. we may not know it but deep inside thats how most people feel. Pray ng pray pag labas sa simbahan masama pa rin ang ugali.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    intelligent people of tsikot.com...pls...

go back to the question....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well unaviodable talaga to go off topic hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano ulit ang topic? :lol:

TEAL:
    I agree. There's nothing to loose if one believes in God.
    ...and we have nothing to lose if we dont.

I believe to the CREATOR, whether it's by SCIENCE or by God.

I say again, THE CREATOR. Whoever he/she/it is, I thank you. ;)

I'm not an atheist (not that I'm aware of :D), I'm just not a practicing Catholic.

Usokpower tama ka kapatid, unavoidable to go OT but this must be one of the best OT ever posted. ;) this is a no non-sense OT, can we just let this one slide mods/admins? hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by GlennSter
    intelligent people of tsikot.com...pls...

go back to the question....
    sorry po ... sagutin ko na tanong ngayon

What Will Be The Difference In Our Lives If We Dont Believe In God?

In my case, not much difference in day to day living. The difference is simply personal level. I don't go to church and nobody cares. I strive to do good because I believe in karma and nobody knows. I respect other people's religion because I follow the Golden Rule. Walang diperensya dba?

So personal lang ang diperensya kasi ako lang naman ang naaapektuhan. Iba na nga ang belief ko ngayon. The many questions that were bugging me about life and death have been answered by buddhism. Masisisi ba ako? But let me clarify that I don't belong to any buddhist organization. I am on my own in this belief and intend to keep that way. I am already satisfied with the answers and if I have more questions, i'll ask them when I pass over. You see, being humans, we have very limited intelligence to understand things. There are questions that can only be explained up there. Just imagine trying to explain calculus to a gradeschooler.

I hope I answered your question properly this time. Cheers! :bald:

OT ulit ha ... bakit itong smiley na ito :bald: nakalagay bald? para akong pinatatamaan eh.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by mk
    o nga eh...may prof ako , anti-christ din yata, he ask: "how can you prove that the bible is the word of God?", tameme kami lahat walang nakasagot...
    how can we also prove that there is wind ? to see is to believe ika nga...

believing in God in one thing... but following God is another thing, remember even satan worshipped God and he can still go against God.

just my thought... peace !!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    nice one

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
What Will Be The Difference In Our Lives If We Dont Believe In God?