New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I think because of the so many questions posted and so many inquiries on our mind, the more we need to read the Bible.

I believe that God is alive today and loves all of us.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    korek ka usokpower, it is very illogical. that's why we have scholars who studies the bible, and they have hundreds of years of learnings and learnings. if you will interpret the bible as you read it, you will definitely be confused.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mk, kailangan mo matuto ng apologetics (defending the validity of the Bible) para masagot yung prof mo. :D

If taken literally, a lot of points in the Bible would seem illogical nga naman. But the Bible (especially the Old Testament) contains a lot of figurative language. It is up to us to study it to understand it more. gaya ng sabi ni Preytoryan, dami dyan Biblical scholars who spent most if not all of their lives studying the Bible (and these people write books too!). These are the resources that one needs to tap if he/she wants to understand the Bible more.

On the other hand, there are texts in the Bible that won't make you able to deny that there is a God. Eh yung crossing na nga lang ng Red Sea e. May iba pa bang belief system (i didn't wanna use the word religion) that tells of a story like this one?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by kevinp

Di naman sa tinitira ko ang atheists but a preacher at my church once told me, it really makes no sense to be an atheist. If there is indeed no God, both theists (christians, muslims, etc.) and atheists will have the same fate (i.e. disappear into oblivion), but if there is indeed a God, the believers will go to Heaven and spend their afterlife with their God while the atheists will go elsewhere...
    I agree. There's nothing to loose if one believes in God.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as ive said faith begins where logic ends.
    me, i dont take the bible PERSE, but i take by heart.

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    if everyone doesn't believe in God then there would be no difference... coz there will always be religion, which may believe in different things (atheist is a religion), so we will be governed by that existing religion, therefore our concepts of what is moral n ethical will be guided by that religion. It may not be the same as what we believe to be moral n ethical now but in that context it will be followed.

So there will be no problem, less conflict pa nga, no friction between believers n non-believers.
    Last edited by gretzy; July 9th, 2003 at 07:15 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    o nga eh...may prof ako , anti-christ din yata,
    i'm not anti-christ and never will become an atheist. hindi nga lang ako yung tinatawag na saradong catholico....

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    pure_blue, the answer is yes, coz religion alone doesn't dictate what morality is, but it's the society, the summation of different individuals n religions.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gawd....

I LOVE YOU GUYS...

hindi talaga kayo pang kotse lang....

ang gaganda ng mga sagot niyo..i really wanna read more.....

hindi ko pa nababasa lahat...mamaya maya ulit...nag rereflect pako..ehrherh..

sa mga aethiest: hindi ko po kayo ina abhor...actual;ly....si st therese of the child jesus....AETHIEST!!

sabi nga niya..nabasa ko dati....." I NO LONGER BELIEVE IN ETERNAL LIFE; IT SEEMS TO ME THERE IS NOTHING BEYOND THIS MORTAL LIFE. EVERYTHING IS BROUGHT TO AN END. LOVE ALONE REMAINS."

ANAKNAMFOOTA..basahin niyo ung last sentence niya....

LOVE ALONE REMAINS!!!****...inspite of her disbelief...LOVE parin ang nangibabaw sa kaniya.

pero tanong naman din sa mga aethiest...

diba hindi kayo naniniwala kay GOD?or..parang..ok lang sa inyo na wala siya basta mabuti kayong tao?

ok din diba..

pero ito..diba...believers lang ang MAY POSSIBILITY na mapunta sa heaven?

then why not be BELIEVERS?SINCE MAY MAS POSSIBILITY KAYO NA MAPUNTA SA HEAVEN kaysa being a non-believer na for sure walang possibility?

diba mas maganda MAGTAYA SA BELIEF, OUR FAITH, kasi nga it's either "go to heaven" or "not go to heaven" kaysa sa non beliver na "nbot go to heaven" lang ang mangyayari?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    glenn,

naku yari kay dacanay niyan for even suggesting that god may not exist hehehe :D

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
What Will Be The Difference In Our Lives If We Dont Believe In God?