New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 197 of 356 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 3554
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    34,875
    #1961
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    Connected.


    Can Airbnb Survive? - YouTube


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    34,080
    #1962
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    renegotiate means mas mababa rent

    so less income for malls

    meron expenses mga mall so damay yun

    it doesn't stop at one thing

    everything's interconnected

    -

    mall owner borrowed money to put up a mall

    income from rent goes to paying the loan

    renegotiate --> lower rental income --> mall needs to cut costs to meet debt obligations

    if you're on the receiving end of malls' cost cutting you lose income too
    Iniipit kaya ng SM mga suppliers nila ngayon?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    34,875
    #1963
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Iniipit kaya ng SM mga suppliers nila ngayon?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    during good times kilala ang SM matagal magbayad diba?

    paano pa sa panahon ngayon

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    34,080
    #1964
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    during good times kilala ang SM matagal magbayad diba?

    paano pa sa panahon ngayon
    Yup. Kaya nga iniisip ko mga suppliers nila ngayon. Wala.magawa dati eh di mas lalo na ngayon. Sigurado dinadahilan din ng SM covid. Siguro kahit for release na dapatga tseke, na hold pa.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    34,875
    #1965
    damay damay talaga

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    38,089
    #1966
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    Normally, the malls would “renegotiate” the rental fees if they still want to keep their tenants.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thoughts of a non-economist,

    i think they should.
    if the current tenant leaves, is there a long line of applicants, ready to jump in and take their space, what with this covid crisis?
    half a rental fee is better than no rental fee.

  7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    34,875
    #1967
    in this business environment i doubt if there are businesses waiting to fill the vacuum created by established names

    (established names = big name tenants)

    i mean if established names can't make it, lalo na mga lesser known ones

    the problem is mall traffic

    konte lang tao eh

    kahit may new tenant mag replace, the new tenant soon realize "hey there are no customers there's no way i can sustain this"

  8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    16,521
    #1968
    Was in The 30th yesterday. Wala talagang tao parang ECQ lang din. Wala na ngang tao when the economy was ok, paano pa ngayon.

    Unfortunately ilang milyong negosyante muna malulugi at maghihirap bago tamaan mga tycoon.

    I've never heard of anyone from the Forbes Top 100 Filipinos (kahit gawin mo pa siguro top 10,000) na nung nalugi negosyo naging middle class nalang. Meron at merong backup yan. Kung malugi negosyo may koneksyon pa rin to start up some new business.

    Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

  9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46,727
    #1969
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Was in The 30th yesterday. Wala talagang tao parang ECQ lang din. Wala na ngang tao when the economy was ok, paano pa ngayon.

    Unfortunately ilang milyong negosyante muna malulugi at maghihirap bago tamaan mga tycoon.

    I've never heard of anyone from the Forbes Top 100 Filipinos (kahit gawin mo pa siguro top 10,000) na nung nalugi negosyo naging middle class nalang. Meron at merong backup yan. Kung malugi negosyo may koneksyon pa rin to start up some new business.

    Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    10,000 marami din "naghihirap" even before the ECQ. Off the top of my head, I know 3 who moved from 9 digit worth houses (I would classify that as rich) into less expensive areas. Recently, my Mom's HS classmate who lives in a 1,000+ square meter house in Makati, the mother died, siblings decided to sell the family home and her portion was only enough to buy a condo near the old home. Hindi rin safe mga mayayaman, unless nga top 1000 or tycoon level...

  10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    16,521
    #1970
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    10,000 marami din "naghihirap" even before the ECQ. Off the top of my head, I know 3 who moved from 9 digit worth houses (I would classify that as rich) into less expensive areas. Recently, my Mom's HS classmate who lives in a 1,000+ square meter house in Makati, the mother died, siblings decided to sell the family home and her portion was only enough to buy a condo near the old home. Hindi rin safe mga mayayaman, unless nga top 1000 or tycoon level...
    Yes merong mga significantly natamaan. But if you had 500M and you lost 99% of all your money you'd still have 5M and that is still far, far more than what the average Filipino has.

    Boohoo had to move out of Forbes to live in an Avida condo. Millions will never even be able to afford an Avida condo, even if they work hard for 30 years.

    Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Philippine Economy Talk