New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    teka meron bang my alam sa military hardware inventory ng china & japan? i-compare nga natin...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    With China's 1.000 fishing boats, I doubt we don't have to wait that long....

yeah...

coast guard vs. fishing boat incidents are not serious enough

gotta raise the stakes. coast guard vs. coast guard naman

that can elevate things

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ZENMasterTYL View Post
    pinoys have short memory
    Lolo ko ang may sama ng loob sa Japan pinugutan daw ng mga hapon yung ibang kamag anak namin, pero nung liberation daw marami rin silang nadaleng hapon so I guess quits na, ako ok naman ako, I like their cartoons when I was a kid, ngayon na barako na ko fan ako ng kanilang movies at actresses.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    yeah...

that can elevate things
    If the JSDF sends a frigate, that will slowly come to a boil...

Avoiding the Unthinkable in the E. China Sea | Flashpoints

The further coast guards and fishermen operate from home, the more command-and-control suffers. Self-initiative can aggravate tensions. How the three sides would react if a boat commander decided to ram a Japanese coast guard vessel, or if a Chinese fisherman drowned after his small boat overturns in a maneuver to avoid collision with a larger vessel, is hard to predict.

But as long as the presence is limited to civilian ships, coast guard vessels equipped with nothing more than machine guns, or fishermen wielding small arms or machetes, even clashes would likely remain limited to minor incidents which can still be managed by the political centers. For the time being, neither claimant will dispatch navy vessels there, which dramatically limits the chances of major escalation. Conversely, the deployment of navy ships to the area would be a clear indicator that the conflict has entered a new, and potentially far more perilous, phase.

The U.S. can also play a calming role in this. If reports that emerged in August were true, the U.S. military will use RQ-4 Global Hawk UAVs based in Guam to conduct surveillance over the area, which could help reduce the risks of accidents and therefore could de-escalate tensions. As long as the conflict is handled by civilian agencies, the U.S. is unlikely to extend its assistance to Japan beyond intelligence sharing, and Washington should endeavor to persuade Beijing, Tokyo and Taipei to stay away from military escalation.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    yeah...

that can elevate things
    Those Chinese Fishing boats also attacked a US Navy Ship a few months ago.

Those are not fishermen.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    pinalitan daw ng lolo ng lolo namin yun apelyido namin nun WW2 dahil sa wanted sya nun sa mga hapon at gusto patayin lahat ng kamaganak...

eto panoorin nyo yun The Flowers of War The Flowers of War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    kaya matindi din ang hinanakit ng china sa japan

7. Join Date
    May 2006

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Lolo ko ang may sama ng loob sa Japan pinugutan daw ng mga hapon yung ibang kamag anak namin, pero nung liberation daw marami rin silang nadaleng hapon so I guess quits na, ako ok naman ako, I like their cartoons when I was a kid, ngayon na barako na ko fan ako ng kanilang movies at actresses.
    tanungin mo mga koreans at chinese, di pa rin nila mapatawad ang mga japanese. siguro bata palang, pinapamulat na sa kanila mga nightmare ng ww2 kaya ganon na lang galit nila sa mga hapon

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yeah, may bigshot Chinese client pinsan ko dati pinasyal sa Maynila, nung lunch time nag aya kumain, eengot engot pinsan ko sinuggest sa isang classy Japanese resto inaya, ayaw nung Chinese, kahit san daw wag lang sa Japanese, heheh sa Chowking niya dinala.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast