New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    james,local unit 99 modl fieldmaster (NOT SUBIC)fyi lang.ty

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    If you're not into off-roading and just would like to survive the floods and potholes in the metro, you can buy a 2002 4x2 Pajero for 850K. One was offered a month back with this price while searching for a 2nd hand SUV. Not sure if it's still there. PM me if you're interested.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    pre you might want to consider my 98 Pajero, local, executive edition, benta ko sayu pasok budget mo, asking ko 675K neg pa.email me for the details and pics if intersted

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Similar problem here, cant decide which one to get: Budget P750T to P770T

2000 Pajero FM

or

2006 AUV - Crosswind, Adventure

0r ( Long shot) baka lang
    2006 Everest

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LBjames View Post
    Guys! im a newbie here and im planning to buy a car in October. At first im really inlove with the new civic but i realized all flood, potholes,the long distance drives and the 6 pesos difference of gas to diesel. So i tried looking for diesel alternatives that is within my budget, the typical AUVs came up but they are just not my type, in fact I hate AUVs. So now the SUVs are my target but only the good second hand ones.

Guys, help me decide on what second hand SUVs (diesel) should i buy and is that a good idea over a brand new civic? Currently on my list is a second hand 98 prado diesel M/T, next is the brand new civic.

Is it true that diesel engines last 1M kms?

first think if DO YOU REALLY NEED AN SUV? coz maybe your just thinking about those few days na maulan .. and maybe mga dinadaan mo wala namang baha ... plus the civic is not bad ! it can tackle floods rin naman e at a certain level lang nga .. tska pag sobrang taas nrin naman ng baha khit diesel suv kapa de kanarin makakadaan e ....so i suggest that you think for the long term ... not for those rainy days lang ...

my suggestion .. a brand new civic ... coz its brand new less of a headache .. but if you really insisit on having a 2nd hand suv .... the patrol prado or pajero is a very good choice .... but be ready to deal with 2nd hand woes plus the pajero is SLOW AS A TURTLE ...... hindi na nakakatuwa gamitin
    Last edited by kmo; August 30th, 2006 at 12:39 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo View Post
    pajero is SLOW AS A TURTLE ...... hindi na nakakatuwa gamitin
    The reputation came from AT Pajero with the 2.5 or 2.8 engine... Having an MT Pajero cures the problem...

Anyway the recommendation for the buyer is to get the 99-00 Fieldmaster 4x4 with Manual Transmission so that will not be a problem...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo View Post
    but be ready to deal with 2nd hand woes plus the pajero is SLOW AS A TURTLE ...... hindi na nakakatuwa gamitin
    It is slow off the line. And with 99 horsepower, what can one expect? It may be slow, but it is nearly unstoppable against almost any on-road obstacles you encounter. If needed (based on my actual experience), it can climb curbs, ford water, drive on stairs. Any standing obstacle, 6" or below it can climb over. Anything above that depends on driver discretion and skill level. You don't even have to brake for potholes and you don't have to tiptoe your way across railroad tracks. Diyan mo na mauunahan yung Civic. hehehe. And it still rides great, your passengers are not flying around the cabin.

I've had to climb a lamp post stump (the cement base of lamp posts in the Sampaloc area) and did it without breaking a sweat.

A sack (sand or cement probably) fell of a cargo truck, I just drove over it. No drama whatsoever. Behind me, I could hear tires screeching like crazy and on my mirrors I can see the cars swerving like crazy (nagulat kasi).

Binangga na din ako ng owner-type jeep (side impact). The jeep's bumper just ended up underneath my vehicle. No body damage on my part. Yun nga lang, the jeep was stuck because it caught on to my rear tire. hehehe.
    Last edited by OTEP; August 30th, 2006 at 01:15 PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Good point....

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by progen View Post
    Similar problem here, cant decide which one to get: Budget P750T to P770T

2000 Pajero FM

or

2006 AUV - Crosswind, Adventure

0r ( Long shot) baka lang
    2006 Everest
    The current Everest 4x2 is on promo at 999k. If you really want it, hiram ka nalang ng 149k, solve ka na! Only bad things are the rough engine (with so-so fuel efficiency and acceleration) and the old looks. When they bring out the new one, expect discounts for the 4x4, too.

The Crosswind is terrific, from a maintenance point of view (update, 85,000km now, and still on my first battery and alternator... one click pa rin!)... just dump your warranty down the toilet and have all work done outside the casa... because prices at the casa suck. Oh, and have your exhaust modified ASAP. But it absolutely sucks as a daily driver, unless you're used to driving jeepneys. (Take it from me, I drive one... a Crosswind, I mean, not a Jeep).

The Adventure is about to be replaced. Try to find out when, and you might be able to get a good deal on the end-of-the-line Adventures, or even buy one as new-old-stock when the new Zinger comes out.
    Last edited by niky; August 30th, 2006 at 05:16 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    It is slow off the line. And with 99 horsepower, what can one expect? It may be slow, but it is nearly unstoppable against almost any on-road obstacles you encounter. If needed (based on my actual experience), it can climb curbs, ford water, drive on stairs. Any standing obstacle, 6" or below it can climb over. Anything above that depends on driver discretion and skill level. You don't even have to brake for potholes and you don't have to tiptoe your way across railroad tracks. Diyan mo na mauunahan yung Civic. hehehe. And it still rides great, your passengers are not flying around the cabin.

I've had to climb a lamp post stump (the cement base of lamp posts in the Sampaloc area) and did it without breaking a sweat.

A sack (sand or cement probably) fell of a cargo truck, I just drove over it. No drama whatsoever. Behind me, I could hear tires screeching like crazy and on my mirrors I can see the cars swerving like crazy (nagulat kasi).

Binangga na din ako ng owner-type jeep (side impact). The jeep's bumper just ended up underneath my vehicle. No body damage on my part. Yun nga lang, the jeep was stuck because it caught on to my rear tire. hehehe.
    action star na action star ang dating!
    yan si FAFA OTEP

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Whats the best diesel SUV at 850K?