New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Get the new civic...imo, this is the benchmark car of today. And you get to drive a benchmark. Wag ka na lang dumaan sa mga baha.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you want Land Rover Discovery Mk1's (1997), there are two for sale in 4x4ph. One red and one green. Both local units, both TDi/Matic with dual sunroof. Asking for both is Php850k give or take a little.

There's also a '93 Discovery (earlier Mk1) V8 for sale. Former embassy vehicle, full offroad set up including winch, rocksliders, reinforced everything. Asking is Php500k.

Are you referring to the LC90 Prado? Local units are a bit too bare. M/T only with dark gray interior. 4wd system is still old school manual hubs. The 125bhp 3.0 diesel is ok. And if you don't want to be just another Pajero on the street, this can be your ticket.

Pajero Field Masters go for as low as Php750k nowadays. Only early models were 4x4, the rest are 4x2.

Local Nissan Patrol Safari (code GQ) are relatively inexpensive, built like tanks, and can take on anything. However, they do drive like trucks and you have to be careful when in low clearance parking areas due to the bubble top design.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'll vote for the Pajero... Tamang size, tamang hatak, tamang parts availability, tamang prestige...

Pag patrol binili mo, akalain sayo bodyguard ka
    Pag trooper binili mo, isipin nila na mahilig ka magtipid
    Pero pag pajero binili mo, lahat ng guard sa mga subdivision at mga pulis sasaludo sayo...

Pasensya na kung biased pero yun ang naging experience ko e....

P.S. Buy only local Gen 2.5 Pajeros with 4WD or imported Montero v6 Gen 2.5. Wag tangkilikin ang Subic Pajs!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Pajero!!! HIndi madaling masira po ang Mitsu!!!

Marami pa ata tumatakbo na Gen 1 Paj! And dont forget the L3? Still a lot of companies buy them kasi matibay...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    everest AUV or SUV?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    If you want Land Rover Discovery Mk1's (1997), there are two for sale in 4x4ph. One red and one green. Both local units, both TDi/Matic with dual sunroof. Asking for both is Php850k give or take a little.

There's also a '93 Discovery (earlier Mk1) V8 for sale. Former embassy vehicle, full offroad set up including winch, rocksliders, reinforced everything. Asking is Php500k.

Are you referring to the LC90 Prado? Local units are a bit too bare. M/T only with dark gray interior. 4wd system is still old school manual hubs. The 125bhp 3.0 diesel is ok. And if you don't want to be just another Pajero on the street, this can be your ticket.

Pajero Field Masters go for as low as Php750k nowadays. Only early models were 4x4, the rest are 4x2.

Local Nissan Patrol Safari (code GQ) are relatively inexpensive, built like tanks, and can take on anything. However, they do drive like trucks and you have to be careful when in low clearance parking areas due to the bubble top design.

Mag Land Rover ka na lang. Elite pa tingin sa'yo. hehehe.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Everest: It's a true SUV. It's based on the Ranger platform, giving it relatively good off-road ability for such a cheap car.

RE: Crosswind: despite the butch looks of the XUV, it's definitely no SUV. The undercarriage is nice and sturdy, but it's not something you want to take off-road.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    OTEP yes im referring to the LC-90 prado...

About the land rovers that some were suggesting, i dont think their parts are that available in the market and also the service, thus they are not on my list. Besides, i dont like the design both interior n exterior..

About the gen 2.5 pajero, the only thing i dont like about it is that it only comes with automatic tranny... and a/t are prone to problems like lose power when it gets old, not to mention the higher fuel consumption..

Some are also saying pajeros generate more noise and that prados offer more comfortable rides..

For those who suggested patrols... im not even considering it coz i hate its interior... (too bland for me) and if not modified, Di hamak na mas gwapo ang prado (LC-90) and the pajero (gen 2, 2.5)

So, in short.... Its either prado (LC-90) or pajero (gen 2.5) and right now im leaning more to the prado due to the M/T option and the fact that pajeros are EVERYWHERE!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Land Rover has parts and service facilities. They even have a club (LRCP). But there is a premium for driving the Queen's SUV. Parts and services can be expensive. But there's no denying the fact that you'll look like a million bucks while driving one. And that these trucks have a certain character and charm to them that no Asian brand has.

For getting an a/t, you can always take into consideration that the technology and skill for a/t repair is becoming more widespread locally. By the time you break yours, repairs might not be that difficult anymore. Just like when fuel injected cars came into the market. No one knew how to work on them. Now even shadetree mechanics know how.

Goodluck finding a used LC90. I found more 80's the last time I checked. LC90's were never that popular locally. Most units on the road are ex-JDM (converted). Mid-East spec units are always the best. Orig LHD with all the goodies.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    With Land Rover and Range Rover parts and service, friend ko yung isa sa mga owners ng Rover shop jan sa Visayas Ave. So hingi lang tayo ng discount :-)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Whats the best diesel SUV at 850K?