New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Guys! im a newbie here and im planning to buy a car in October. At first im really inlove with the new civic but i realized all flood, potholes,the long distance drives and the 6 pesos difference of gas to diesel. So i tried looking for diesel alternatives that is within my budget, the typical AUVs came up but they are just not my type, in fact I hate AUVs. So now the SUVs are my target but only the good second hand ones.

Guys, help me decide on what second hand SUVs (diesel) should i buy and is that a good idea over a brand new civic? Currently on my list is a second hand 98 prado diesel M/T, next is the brand new civic.

Is it true that diesel engines last 1M kms?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    for the SUV, the newest Ford Everest you can get.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Diesel engines are built tougher especially 80s diesel engines, to withstand the high pressure fuel compression nature of the diesel engines.

The Diesel engines of the 80s are made of block IRON, which is tougher than your present day aluminumized diesel engine, But in general present day diesel engines can outlast gas engines, one reason is the lubricating nature of the diesel fuel, less wear and tear for the engine, the high pressure resistant engine block which is usually designed with allowance.

the 1 Million Km is usually for the 80s designed engines, the newer ones, although they can outlast any gas engines, they wont last as long as the old school or 80s designed BI block engines.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    but how about Xuv Crosswind? never owned a crosswind but it's reputation of low fuel comsumption is very good.

what's the engine of that 98 prado diesel M/T?

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Pajero 99 model 4X4 pa. Basta hanap ka 1st owner at maayos in general yung unit. Wala ka problema sa parts dahil kahit saan meron. And as mentioned above very reliable yung engine kasi old school ang mga parts ng pajero. And to think na andami pang gen 1 na tumatakbo.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Get a Paj. Sa 850K may makukuha ka ng Gen 2.5 Pajero.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    97 LarndRover Discovery TDi Swak sa budget mo kaya lang medyo mahirap humanap. Durability subok na. 95-96 Pajero or Montero w/ your budget you can get two. 96-98 Safari. If you want i can send some pics of Gen1 and Gen2 Montero that is Forsale. PM nalang.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Thanks for the info Mojo!

rion, im not into AUVs eh... dont get me wrong, isuzu's diesel actually has a very good reputation but the resale value and noise of the isuzu diesel is just plain wrong...

oliver.. actually lagi pumapasok sa isip ko yang pajero e, the thing is my family is too loyal to mitsu and i have a really bad impression with the brand, bilis masira mitsu e, except for the box type lancer ng dad ko before... biruin mo it went thru lahar in pampanga during the pinatubo days, kasabay lang nya mga truck, headlight level na kasi yung lahar nun and yet keeps on going and going ... but the cars that came after that sirain na,

So are you guys saying the 98' prado is not a good idea?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some choices (2nd hand):
    - '99 to '00 Patrol Safari
    - '99-'00 Pajero
    - '04-'05 Ford Everest

Can't go wrong with these; it's just a matter of finding a good unit.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    agree on vinj's

the last time ( 2 sundays ago) i check on the papers may 01 na Nissan Patrol M/T nasa 880K...neg pa yun pasok na pasok sa budget...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Whats the best diesel SUV at 850K?