New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Any sidewall damage, it's an instant tire replacement. (including running on flat) Hence it's quite beneficial to find out if the tires you're buying has sidewall impact tech/enhancement of some kind...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    In my case... Depends kung sino and saan ginagamit yung car...

Kung ako lang/City driving, I don't mind kahit ubos na yung thread
    Wife and Daughter's car - once the thread hits the markers, it's time for a replacement

Out of town trips and car ko ang gagamitin, then I try to replace a month early (baka kasi may defect tire ko)

I know someone from Melbourne (I have a lot of stories from this guy since wais sya sa buhay... better term is magulang)

He bought a tire from a reputable service centre with warranty... Before the warranty ends, I-run flat nya konti yung tire para mag karoon ng side wall damage...

Tire gets replaced and the new tire will have a warranty again, same procedure later...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    I check the thread depth, may markers naman sa tyres.

If mejo makapal pa, i check the "lutong-ness" of the rubber based a peels and cracks.

If marami ng cracks, then my tyres are due for replacement.

The mfg date is not that important to me, i check it last if all three criterias above are met. If makapal pa pero 7 years na, palit na.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. Any major damage;
    2. Thread depth wear indicator is out and i have around 20-25% thread left, or;
    3. When i'm not happy with the performance and wet grip.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    In my case... Depends kung sino and saan ginagamit yung car...

Kung ako lang/City driving, I don't mind kahit ubos na yung thread
    Wife and Daughter's car - once the thread hits the markers, it's time for a replacement

Out of town trips and car ko ang gagamitin, then I try to replace a month early (baka kasi may defect tire ko)

I know someone from Melbourne (I have a lot of stories from this guy since wais sya sa buhay... better term is magulang)

He bought a tire from a reputable service centre with warranty... Before the warranty ends, I-run flat nya konti yung tire para mag karoon ng side wall damage...

Tire gets replaced and the new tire will have a warranty again, same procedure later...
    nakakatakot naman kayo.
    baka ako pa ang ma-bundol ninyo dahil dumulas ang kalbo ninyong gulong.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    tread, not thread

thread yung sinulid yun

ba't ganun. parang 95% of the population wrong spelling

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    tread, not thread

thread yung sinulid yun

ba't ganun. parang 95% of the population wrong spelling
    hindi kasi sinisita.

thread. tread.
    customer. costumer.
    brake. break.
    loose. lose.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 15th, 2017 at 04:22 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    I stopped frowning at these wrong words in forums a long time ago. Convinced myself that i don't need it to be perfect as long as we know what it means or understand each other.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    ^ kadalasan sa mobile dahil sa auto complete tapos hindi na binabalikan

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 4 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    I stopped frowning at these wrong words in forums a long time ago. Convinced myself that i don't need it to be perfect as long as we know what it means or understand each other.

that's the definition of sloppiness. pinoys can't be world-class if we're sloppy. this culture is so pervasive that's why everything pinoy is sloppy, just look around

anyway, for top quality tires like michelin i'd feel comfortable using them up to 10yrs from manufacturing date, as long as there's absolutely no damage

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast