New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

here's the plug kit i carry in the car. 100% self vulcanizing daw. no cement required. maybe it's got a different kind of brown goo on it. i dunno coz it looks like like any other plug

but your tire shop is highly unlikely to have these plugs. they definitely shouldn't be using a screwdriver to ream the hole. and ATF would prevent the adhesives from sticking properly
    how's your experience, using it?

i don't DIY tyre leaks, kasi.
    in my experience,
    looking for the leak has proven to be a fruitless endeavor for much of the time.
    and in the handful of times i saw the leak, it was so large as to render fixing the tyre, a useless endeavor.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 9th, 2022 at 01:30 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    i could not believe someone is this anal and generated such a long thread from a simple tire leak.

there's a topic nagtatanong kung battery or alternator problem - umabot pa sa grounding points when jump starting, engine ground versus direct sa battery terminal.

hindi daw gumana jumping from engine ground, naging theories and thought exercise instead of what works in the real world. starting the car took weeks and 40 pages ata. this thread is another example of that.

or user might be trolling lol
    Troll na this. Halatang halata na. Trolling to make the thread alive. Plug (pasak) then Patch (tapal) on tire?

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    how's your experience, using it?

i don't DIY tyre leaks, kasi.
    in my experience,
    looking for the leak has proven to be a fruitless endeavor for much of the time.
    and in the handful of times i saw the leak, it was so large as to render fixing the tyre, a useless endeavor.

one of the most useful "tool" in the house: a simple spray bottle w/ water and dish soap. i just mounted two heavy-duty moto tires last night (for a trailer i'm building). lube defnitely made things easier. great for detecting leaks also. just wait a while and look for the foam

as for the repair kit i haven't had the chance to use it yet. i'm saving it for that one unlucky day that you get two flat tires

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Instead of bringing that repair kit, one must learn how to change damaged tyre with spare tyre, and leave the tyre repair to the tyre shop using the proper equipment.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Instead of bringing that repair kit, one must learn how to change damaged tyre with spare tyre, and leave the tyre repair to the tyre shop using the proper equipment.

are you kidding me? i can change a flat tire w/ my eyes closed

like i said, the kit is for when you're having a really bad day and get 2 flat tires but have only 1 spare far away from civilization

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    finish na..hehe

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    finish na..hehe
    i wonder,
    was it all true?
    or was it a fairy tail?

because, i can not imagine...
    but that's just me.