New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Niky: 2.0 sakin well anyway thats beside the point. Well if there's only a 1HP gain for the dropin K&N I think am sticking with the OEM for only 300++ bucks or maybe get a CAI down the road.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A CAI would be very easy to fabricate for the X-Trail, but it will take away from your water-fording capabilities (the primary reason to buy a CUV over a sedan).

For more power/efficiency, the best bang-for-buck is still a good set of headers. You just have to insulate them afterwards to make sure they don't make your engine bay too hot.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind. :D

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    thanx niky! clearly said..

Stock nlang ako. :lol:

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    question lang po? paano naging cold air intake yung mga racing filter kung nakaexposed din sila sa loob ng hood? iniisip ko lang kasi yung mga nakikita ko racing filter nalalanghap nila yung init ng makina especially sa traffic... hindi ba ito masama sa makina?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    paano naging cold air intake yung mga racing filter kung nakaexposed din sila sa loob ng hood?
    Wala sa sa loob ng engine bay! kadalasan ang filter ng cold air intake eh nakalagay sa may bumper

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yung nasa loob ng bay, ang tawag doon Warm Air Intake, basically, cone filter lang either with or without aftermarket tube.

And yes, it really sucks in traffic. If you put one on, you have to make the tube as long as possible, and keep the filter as far as possible from the engine. A heat shield helps some, but after an hour in traffic, it's all the same.

No, it's not necessarily bad for the engine to ingest hot air, considering the engine runs much hotter than ambient temperatures, but the engine will make much less power once heat soak sets in.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    sorry to revive this thread - highly considering having CAI installed on my car - unfortunately Fusion R is too far from my place. Does anyone know where I can source one out here in the South / Makati area? And magkano na kaya ang aabutin ngayon ng install assuming all-stock pa ang mechanicals (air filter included)?

EDIT: will be requiring the heat shield and bypass valves as well in the install.
    Last edited by batang_raon14; December 27th, 2010 at 10:04 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    for what car? intakes are almost all the same.

Hi po hindi po kasi ako makapagstart ng thread actually wala naman ako masyado alam sa Car I drive my husbands car unfortunately sumabit yung bumper sa malaking bato kaya natupi yun left side na ilalim ng bumper can somebody suggest if san may affordable na restoration for our Porshac ( car ) accent. Thank you, your reply will be much appreciated.

Salamat ng marami.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    to drop intake air temperature without having to compromise the possibility of the engine ingesting large doses of water in the rain or flood, you can have an extension of the suction side hose between the connection at the firewall and the compressor low side. an aluminum coil or loop inside the intake tube will drop the intake air charge a few degrees fahrenheit. taking advantage of the residual "coldness" of the refrigerant before it returns back to the compressor does not take up energy.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Cold Air Intake