New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    with regards to cold air what brand would you recommend? how much and where can i purchase it?

i know that there are immitation in the market unfortunately i don't know how to distinguish between the fakes and the original... (kakahiya naman kung fake ang mabili tapos ang presyo niya ay original diba... )

list of brand that i've seen so far... (* need for speed)

INJEN, AEM, K&N, APEXi, ICEMAN, STILLEN, NEUSPEED, WEAPON R, SIMOTA, DC SPORTS, etc, etc... so many brand nakakalito...

for me the important factor is the quality of the product, warranty, and the cost... thank you

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    for what car? intakes are almost all the same.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Is this for the Optra? For the intake head, whatever fits, fits. If it's an HKS, APEXi or a K&N, mcuh better. Actually, most of those are good, though I'm not sure if the new Simotas are better than the old ones at filtering.

As for the "cold air" part, I don't know if anyone's selling the tubing for your car. Baka DIY ka nalang dito.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im using a simota right now pretty satisfied with it used to use k&n air filters kaso masyadong mahal k & n eh

Simota's are notorious for clogging up the MAF (if your car is equipped with one), I'd go with APEXI or K & N. You can have the tubing fabricated if you can't find a bolt on tubing.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Simota's are notorious for clogging up the MAF (if your car is equipped with one), I'd go with APEXI or K & N. You can have the tubing fabricated if you can't find a bolt on tubing.
    San shop magaling mag fabricate ng cai?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for the filter... get K&N though i've been hearing that Simota has improved already.

but for the tubing itself... it is regardless of the brand (original, replica or generic) - heck you can have a custom built one (c/o Fusion R). just make you sure get a Air Bypass Valve (from AEM).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Mga mag kano po kaya aabutin lahat lahat na po kasama na ung air bypas valve! para san nga po ulit yan bypas valve?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup... the bypass is a must if you're going to use a CAI on our flooded streets.

The bypass basically sucks in air when your filter head is submerged, so that the vacuum in the intake tube won't pull the water straight into your engine. You don't want water in the engine... ...take it from me, I know this from experience...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    An air bypass valve prevents the accidental ingestion of water through the intake system. It is sort of a mini air filter with flaps.

If it does, the flaps will open and air will enter though it instead of the air filter.

Years ago, I was quoted around P12K for a custom CAI system.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Cold Air Intake